Monday, April 13, 2015

Stephen Harper's Con Clown Circus Strikes Again



They were already the worst government Canada has ever known, a freakish horror show and a fascist circus. 

But as the economy heads south, and their desperation grows, Stephen Harper's Con clowns are sinking to new levels of depravity and incompetence.

Because everywhere you look they are making fools out of themselves...



Yesterday I wrote about how James Moore and Greg Rickford had been claiming that the oil spill recovery operation in Vancouver's English Bay had been a "world class" success.

And that only six out of the 3,000 litres spilled remained to be recovered. 

But now it turns out that doesn't count the toxic bunker fuel that might be under the water. 

And if you thought that Con clown show was scary.

Then there was the useless Leona Aglukkaq, urging the provinces to do more to fight climate change.



Having missed a March 31 deadline to submit greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets to the United Nations, the Harper government is prodding the provinces to come up with better numbers.

Because goodness knows she's doing nothing.

But she WILL claim credit for something the Cons opposed:

One of the actions Canada has taken to reduce emissions is to close energy producers fuelled by coal, said Aglukkaq. But that's no thanks to the federal government, said Ontario Environment Minister Glen Murray.

 "While Minister Aglukkaq in her letter points to (closing coal-fired power plants) as part of Canada's contribution to fighting climate change, the federal government did not support Ontario in this bold action, much as it is now critical of Ontario's commitment to putting a price on carbon to further fight greenhouse gas pollution," Murray said in an email from his office.

As only a Con artist could.

But of course the starring act in this latest Con clown circus was Stephen Harper himself.

Trying to make it sound like he was a major player at the Panama Summit where Obama reached out to Raul Castro...



When in fact his performance couldn't have been more minor or more awkward. 

Several hours after their clumsy encounter at the photo session, Harper and Castro met as the summit was ending. Government officials called it a “pull-aside” — and unlike meetings Harper had earlier in the day with other leaders such as U.S. President Barack Obama, there were no media there to take photographs.

Or more hypocritical.

Carlo Dade, an international public policy expert who works at the Canada West Foundation, says Harper’s governing Conservatives long ago made it clear how they feel about the Castro regime. “These guys personally don’t like Cuba. They don’t like Communists. And so they’re still fighting the Cold War.”


Which of course isn't surprising coming from a man who wants to build himself a ghastly anti-communist monument in the heart of Ottawa...



In a deliberate assault on our justice system and our democracy.

Placing this memorial, which essentially demonizes (either rightly or wrongly) a particular socioeconomic system, next to the Supreme Court of Canada undermines the very foundation of that institution, which is its independence and impartiality, and, as a result, erodes our own democracy.

But would presume to lecture the world on human rights.


While turning Canada into a police state.

And the good news? The reason Stephen Harper's government is looking more and more like a Con clown show is because it's more and more desperate. 

War fever and the terrorist scare are fading. Opposition to Bill C-51 is rising. Harper's polls are heading south along with the economy. 

And of course the Duffy trial is shredding his credibility...



Or what's left of it.

Which, when you think about it, only seems fitting. 

That one Con circus should bring down the other...


Greg Perry/Toronto Star

Yup. They are Con clowns.

Their disgusting act has gone on for too long.

They are going to get the hook.

And their Great Depraved Leader is going down...



Please click here to recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it handy for Harper to report on himself and his doings. He can manufacture a whole new reality. What a loser.

Anonymous said...

And it's not their fault that Canada has not done enough work on greening itself. It is those bad, bad provinces. What a horrible clumsy effort to place the blame somewhere else. I hope he (Harper) gives the provinces some resources if he expects them to do the work. But then he wouldn't have the whole pot to spend on himself and his indulgences, would he? What a horrible, horrible, disgusting human being.

Anonymous said...

These CONtradictory, CONniving, CONtemptible CONvicts have only themselves to blame for the CONnundrum they now find themselves in. Their total incompetence in seemingly everything they touch ends up backing them in a corner where they then victimize, demonize and plagiarize to sanctify themselves. It may work for the CONS but the majority are starting to see what a bunch of fools we have on the hill. The clock's ticking Sleazy Steve, your power trip will soon be over and you'll be out.
JD

Steve said...

As far as I know Canada has had excellent relations with Cuba for 40 years, yet the Harper news clip makes it seem like he is Nixon going to China.

Anonymous said...

Harper had some damned gall, even going to Cuba. As usual Harper shot his big mouth off, before his brain was in gear. Cuba should just tell Harper, to bu&&er off and stay away.

Harper had also shut down our High Arctic Research Station and fired all of our Canadian Scientists. Now Harper is bringing over Communist China, to build their own Arctic Research Station. No-one I know wants Communist China, on our Canadian soil. Trade is fine, however, not their takeover of our resources and resource jobs. Of course selling Canada to China was, Harper's FIPA deal.

The problem is, Harper has already destroyed Canada by selling our country to China. This is for 31 years, no matter who is PM. Harper is one evil s.o.b and we should have marched on Ottawa and run Harper the hell out of our country, and/or kicked him off the planet.

Anonymous said...

JD yes yes yes...

Mogs and cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything for Harper including himself is going south can I laugh now? Problem is I won't be able to sue him if he stay's there sipping margaritas with tiny umbrellas in them on the beach. Why? Because he made sure Canada did not have an extradition treaty with Panama. So he is home safe lets see if he has the guts to come back and face the music [and the trial]....

Mogs

I am coming after the liar Steve and the liar Pete show in the court of law. I can hardly wait I am rubbing my hands together.

Fat pudgy as Obama calls Harpo you don't dare stay in Panama so I can't sue you. But you know what bounty hunters will find you and bring your ass to a Canadian Superior Court of Law welcome back asshole...

Simon my internet friend I am going after Harper and his criminal cabal in court. Only cause I have had a fantastic life in Canada now Harper's criminal gang has effectively erased that for the younger generation. I say no I've drawn a line in the sand and I won't budge. I've faced down guns pointed in my face. I as Tom Petty sang "I won't back down":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTXb-ga1fo

I stand my ground and I won't back down there ain't no easy way out...

Thanks Tom Petty I will also stand my ground and realize there ain't no easy way out so I'll stand my ground against these sinister freaks who have taken over "The Government of Canada" and turned it into drum roll please self named "Harper Government" Harper you and you clown con clown show can back me up against the gates of hell but I won't back down.

Mogs

e.a.f. said...

IT does leave one shaking their heads. Stevie says don't burn coal in Canada, export it to China though. they want to open 18 coal mines in the comox valley, which isn't even a 100K long. 18 of them, to export coal to China. Makes you wonder. Yet, a small green house operator on Vancouver Is. who used coal to heat his green houses was told to stop. Like what gives with this bunch.

If Cuban and Eastern Bock Communists are so bad, why are Chinese Communists so good? Like can stevie let us know. Perhaps its time to ask my M.P. John Duncan, not that he'd know, but we could ask.

Anonymous said...

Big words from an internet nobody. Did you lot check the latest numbers from 308.com?

Better get your butts in gear or Harper's going to bury you in your own hubris again!

Simon said...

hi anon...he certainly likes to live in his own manufactured reality, the propaganda he has subjected us to is simply outrageous, and yes he certainly is a grubby loser who we can't get rid of soon enough...

Simon said...

hi anon...yes isn't that the absolute limit? They really are shameless. I have never ever seen a group of people lie so much all the time. When I tell my parents in Scotland, who raised me to look down on liars what's going on in this country, I sometimes feel that they don't believe me or think I'm exaggerating. Yikes. It really is a horrible situation and we do need to clean up this country before the Cons drag us even lower...

Simon said...

hi JD...I have to hope that you are right, because the scummy Cons should not be allowed to get away with what they have done. I view them as a cross between a cult and a criminal organization, and one day after they are defeated I would really like to hear them justify their behaviour. 'm sure they will be remorseful like all those Nazis were after the war, and I'm sure they will blame it all on Harper. But they will not escape that easily...

Simon said...

hi Steve...yes isn't it ridiculous? He made it sound as if he was the one giving Cuba a chance to join the outside world, when millions of Canadians including your truly have been visiting it for years, and relations between ordinary Cubans and Canadians couldn't be better. But of course when Harper thinks of Cuba he thinks Trudeau and you know the rest....

Simon said...

hi Mogs...good for you I admire your spirit. Quite frankly I don't think Harper's behaviour should be a partisan issue. He has behaved like a hog, and all decent Canadians should be revolted...

Simon said...

hi anon 10:42...I have checked the latest numbers from 308.com and I have a lot of respect for Eric Grenier. But he has also noticed some movement, and give the Duffy trial and the economy more tome and I'm sure he will notice even more movement. Remember Harper also has history working against him. He has been around long enough, and there is still a strong desire for change out there....

Simon said...

hi e.a.f...I sometimes feel that I have spent the last nine years staring at the Cons and shaking me head, for they do shock me still, and still offend everything I believe in. If a Liberal or an NDP government ever behaved like they have I would feel the same way about them. Decency is decency, and enough is enough....

Anonymous said...

Poof anon 10:42 you are a Harper con troll?

There ain't no easy way out you keep pushing me around but I won't back down no I won't back down. Harper cannot possibly win another election he has pissed of to many Canadians I stand my ground as a real Canadian. So go to Harper hell for attacking me...

Mogs

I see you don't even have the guts to name yourself asshole...

Anonymous said...

This post was so cool and even more real!