Sunday, April 05, 2015

Stephen Harper and the Mysterious Conscription Story



Golly. I see my post about the Stephen Harper and that mysterious conscription story has caused quite a commotion on the internet.

With many people wanting to know more, and others claiming it's a hoax, or as I suggested it might be, an April Fool's joke gone horribly wrong.

And since I don't expect CBC management or the Con regime to clear things up, because they're both as transparent as mud, I'll probably never know where the story came from.

But what I do know, as I said in my post, is that whether it's a hoax or not, its premise could not be more plausible, for the following reasons:

Firstly, as has been proven time and time again, Stephen Harper will do or say ANYTHING to please his buddy boyfriend Benny...



Because his slavishness to Netanyahu's racist and militaristic policies knows no limits

And secondly, as I also said in that post, ever since he came to power he has been trying to reinvent our history, as one of bloody conflict.

Starting with the War of 1812...



Which he spent almost $ 30 million dollars promoting.

When in fact our history is the triumph of compromise over violence.

And his attempts to reinvent himself as a Great Warrior Leader couldn't be more phony...



Or more ridiculous...



So introducing conscription fits his pattern of behaviour. It would be yet another way of militarizing this country, and destroying the once decent and peacemaking Canada he hates so much.


Which is why I'm not prepared to declare it a hoax yet. Not just because I still believe the story was written, was on the CBC website, and was taken down in a clumsy manner which left another webpage masking a 504 page (more on that later).

But also because it sounds only too plausible to me.

And all I can say to those who can't admit that possibility, or can't seem  to understand what Harper has done to this country.

Is that they deserve to go down the memory hole of history.

Along with Harper and his ghastly Cons...

funny gifs

And yes, until the conscription story is clarified to my satisfaction, I will use it against him.

And my message to young Canadians will be a simple one:

Hey kids, get off your asses or your apathy.

Vote to crush those foul un-Canadian Cons, and their depraved leader.

Or get ready to be forced to join Harper's monstrous army...



Please click here to recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whether it's true or not and I lean towards it being true, I say we go with it anyway. In prior elections, the Con's election slime machine has broken the rules(laws) and spread misinformation on a massive scale. A little payback is long overdue. If anything's going to wake up our apathetic youth and take notice, this is it. Now we need a fitting motto for it: "You can put on your shoes and vote, or put on your boots and...ten hut"!.
JD

Anonymous said...

(I'm a different Anonymous)

Go to

http://www.google.ca and type in:

"Twitter and Baird and Harper and Israel and conscription"

and then press: search.



Anonymous said...

eg.

https://twitter.com/wwcawayne

https://twitter.com/canadiancynic

https://twitter.com/canucnik

http://josephpedepoetry.blogspot.ca/2015/04/stephen-harper-may-draft-canadian-youth.html

*
I'm surprised that Stephen Lautens and Ezra Levant haven't tweeted about it yet:

https://twitter.com/stephenlautens

https://twitter.com/ezralevant

(Ezra's father is a rabbi, and was one of the folks who accompanied Harper to Israel in January 2014)

David said...

If the CBC story is a hoax, how come no political pundit/journalist has publicly stated the story is a hoax?

Nothing from John Ivision, Andrew Coyne, Chantal Hebert, Robert Fife, Craig Oliver, Don Martin, Terry Milewski, Evan Soloman, Kady O' Malley, Rob Silver, Tasha Kheiriddin, etc.

Surely someone must know by now whether the story is a hoax or not.

rumleyfips said...

I don't know about conscription, it may be cheaper to build closets for all of us.

Anonymous said...

Simon, as far as I'm concerned, where there is smoke there is fire and I believe this conscription story to be true.. And even if it is a hoax, it's in keeping with the way he thinks and in keeping with his agenda of terror! If the kids are smart, they will get their votes out but they need to be made aware and this is being done by many groups out there working against the clock to do so. This is something I have long suspected him of planning to do. He thinks he is unbeatable and he has done everything in his measly power to make himself so through changing voter ID and making it impossible for people who would not vote for him to not be able to vote. He has thought of everything but in the end, he will be defeated. Too many people are working towards that end for him not to be. He should be afraid, he should be very afraid. I keep wondering what it would take to wake up his caucus.

Marmalade said...

Hoax or not......Conscription is plausible!

Anonymous said...

Sure Steve I'll join your army and after boot camp I'll come for you and drag you off to prison your RCMP bodyguard would not dare to shoot an armed soldier. Nice I like the way that sounds...

Mogs

Unknown said...

Actually, Justin Ling has already done just that.
Here: https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/584375042840076288
And here: https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/584448919070990336

David said...

Ling just says the story isn't true, but he hasn't provided any actual smoking-gun PROOF. But if someone from the CBC website team, or the head of CBC, issued a press release saying the story is a hoax, and these are the reasons why, then that's different.

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! Conscription for all the Leftists and send them to Syria and Iraq to distribute aid to the victims of ISIS.

Anonymous said...

Wake up, Canadians. Harper is off the rails.

Anonymous said...

Exercise "MAPLE CARAVAN"

https://twitter.com/OccupyCanada/status/583146955905331200

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyCanadaParliament/posts/741527585946482

Simon said...

hi JD...as I said in my post, until I can get some clarification I will consider it to be true. Because what I have looks like a printout, includes links to other embedded CBC stories. And the more I read it I don't think it was hoax, and as I explained in my post I find it all too credible....

Simon said...

hi anon 3:01...that kind of google search doesn't tell you anything. The key is what is what happens when you type in different URLs and end up on what what should be a 504 page. And timing of the two stories. I'm trying to get a friend at the CBC to try to figure out how that could happen. And if I do get any more clues I'll let you all know...

Simon said...

hi anon...I don't want to speculate about who was responsible, I have no idea. And it could have been a very sophisticated internet prankster. But something still stinks about this story, and I need to know more....

Simon said...

hi David...who knows maybe some in the MSM will try to check it out. But it will be almost impossible to verify even if it is true, because neither the CBC or the Cons would want to admit it...

Simon said...

hi Chris...yes I saw that, but all phony links end up on the same page, when they should land up on a 504 page. And think about it, who exactly would do that, and still manage to include the links to other stories on that page. But I suppose one way to check it would be to ask the President of the CBA whether she was asked for a comment. It may indeed be some kind of hoax, but I am still not convinced....

Simon said...

hi rumleyfips...well one thing is for sure, conscripts are cheaper than regular soldiers. But as I said if the Cons are planning something like that it wouldn't be to save money, but to further militarize our culture...

Simon said...

hi anon...yes I intend to use it against them. If they can go after the opposition parties over a non existent carbon tax, and Stephen Harper can claim that they are trying to take away income splitting from pensioners when that's blatant lie, what's good for the goose is good for the gander... ;)

Simon said...

hi Kathleen...when I first got a copy of what looks like a printout, I sent it back to the person who sent it to me with the note "April Fool's day is tomorrow." But the more I looked at it the more doubts I had, it's just too weird and too plausible...

Simon said...

hi Mogs...just give thanks that you and I aren't eighteen, because I know if I was I'd be even more concerned... ;)

Simon said...

hi anon...you know you aren't the only one who feels like that. When I checked the Facebook page of a veterans group that published the story, there were many who felt like you do. So it wouldn't be that unpopular and that's another reason to believe the story is true. For the record, if this country was in mortal danger I wouldn't hesitate to sign up, but no Cons are ever going to conscript me or my friends...

Simon said...

hi anon...I don't doubt it. He lost his moral compass long ago, he lies all the time, he is desperate, so I don't believe anything he says...

Simon said...

hi anon...thanks for the links. As I said above, I don't trust the Con regime with anything to do with the military. They lied all through our Afghanistan mission, the reason they gave for going into Syria is false, they don't behave like a Canadian government, so I do think they are capable of anything...

Anonymous said...

1:43 mark

Canada and US Looking At Conscription? Michael Rivero - April 6, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9jr6CnDC0