Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Pope, the Gays, and the Power of Love














Well I wasn't going to write anything more about Pope Benny's genocidal Christmas message that gays are a threat to humanity. Because life is too short eh?

And one bad post is bad enough. Although I did like the monkey.

But then I made the mistake of reading Lifeshite.

The Pope has sounded the alarm on rejecting God's plan for human sexuality and pointed to the dangers for those involved and society in general of fostering such behavior. He is now experiencing the backlash, but like any good parent, he will weather it in patience and love, knowing that one day, his aberrant children will come to their senses or at the very least that he has tried his best to get them to do so.

And as one of those "aberrant children" my blood began to boil. And I wondered whether I should write another angry post about Benny, and this time instead of the wanking Tarzan video, use the YouTube of the farting baboon.

But luckily for my reputation as a serious blogger, this guy made me think and laugh.

With those wonderful pictures of Radzi. Which I immediately added to my LARGE collection.

And then this gay blogger put it into the kind of perspective I can relate to.

When you are gay, you learn to handle the pontifications of religious leaders on homosexuality with care. The thing to watch is that it doesn't get under your skin. If, unwittingly, you do take it too much to heart, it can ruin your day. And if it ruins too many days, then it ruins your life.

Being gay is about your love life. Gay men and women aren't people who perform certain acts; they are people who love in certain ways. The L-word is never mentioned by those who condemn homosexuality. I suspect that they don't talk about homosexuality as a form of loving because if they did, their arguments would fall away. For what is life without love?

Which is so true. I suspect a lot of people just think of sex when they think of gay people. But of course it's such a small part of our lives, and love is so much more than that.















And homophobes HAVE ruined so many of my days, I'm not not about to let them ruin my life.

So all I have to say to that shrivelled prune in the Vatican is this:

You HATE me because I know the joy and the serenity of loving and being loved. I PITY you because you never will. And because you won't, you'll never understand how powerful love is, and that nothing you say or do will ever defeat it.

I'd leave it at that because it's enough eh?

But since the love of my life .... just went to the store.

And now I can say what I REALLY want to say.

I'd just like to add this.....




Ratzi you're PATHETIC.

Merry Christmas you old sod....

3 comments:

West End Bob said...

"Bennie and the Jerks" had a segment on "The National" tonight.

The good thing is to even the super-straight eye, his crowd looked pretty pathetic.

Pity . . . .


(NOT!)

Anonymous said...

Not only do the frauds of religious leadership ignore love, they also ignore the dastardly consequences of their lies, hate and smears. I despise that bastard pope and all his criminal kabal.

Anonymous said...

Where the hell does an old man in a GOWN, supposedly celibate (ha!), get off telling others where they can put their privates?

As the old joke goes, "Nice dress, dude, but your purse is on fire!"