Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bill Blair Heckled by Gay Activists:The Video












I see that when Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair attended a Pride Week function yesterday he got a rough reception.



And no doubt he deserved it, for allowing his city to be turned into a police state. And for trying to make a monkey out of us.

But it's also a sad situation, because Blair is the most progressive gay-friendly police chief this city has ever had.

And one thing bothers me. Who was really giving the orders? 

Why aren't more reporters asking RCMP Chief Superintendent Alphonse MacNeil to explain himself?

And why would police run an operation in the streets of Toronto from a command centre 200 kilometres north of the city?

Or was it really run from Ottawa...by the Harper Cons?

Yup. So many questions.

And so few answers.

We need a public inquiry.

And we need it NOW.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again Simon,

You've nailed it.

Well Done!

p2p

Anonymous said...

From all appearances, it looks as though the Pride organisers (and Sandilands, particularly) are at increasing odds with the community at large.

In view of recent controversies, maybe it's time for the community to reorganise Pride and select a new directorate.

Simon said...

hi anonymous...I don't know if I've nailed it, but I don't want people to chase ghosts, and let those really responsible for this gorilla show to get away.
We need to make sure that something like this never happens again. To do that we need to know who gave the orders, and why.
In short we need a public inquiry...

Simon said...

hi Torontonian...I couldn't agree more. I saw some fancy Pride Party on TV the other day. It was so bourgeois it disgusted me. And all I know is if me and my friends had turned up we would have been arrested... :)