Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why Stockwell Day Should be Fired















You don't have to know much about anything to know that Stockwell Day...the Con we call Doris...is an absolute idiot.

But can't that old homophobe even do his job? 

As you may know the U.S. State Department  is warning Americans to stay away from downtown Toronto. Which will kill the city's struggling tourist industry at what is normally one of the busiest times of the year.

Even though the city has never looked shinier...















Or safer. That's a cop on the corner drinking out of a portable water fountain. And I counted about a hundred today...in a three block area.

So what does Doris do? He makes the Americans sound reasonable. And the city sound dangerous.

"And when I'm talking about thugs I'm talking about thugs, I'm talking about the anarchists and the violent groups who have already indicated that they're going to be there and they're going to cause trouble."

Instead of telling the Americans to get a grip on themselves. 

Toronto is a great place to visit in June...














Especially if you love horses.

And do these people look dangerous? 

I mean really. Can't that old Con do his job? And when is he going to be FIRED?

If Doris can't downplay the threat instead of escalating it.

Couldn't he at least try to reassure the Americans?

By singing this song?



Because everybody in my neighbourhood is singing that song these days.

And dreaming of the day we can give Doris and his incompetent Cons the HOOK.

Que sera sera  baby. It can't come soon enough...

11 comments:

Bina said...

"Please don't eat the daisies" might be a better song. I wonder if LaughingStock will show up at the fake lake in his wetsuit. On a jet ski, yet.

Anonymous said...

Many MPs couldn't stand Day's leadership and left in great numbers. His days of leadership were numbered.

Even as a regular MP and cabinet minister, he's a burden on the party. His days came and went and nobody had the heart to tell him how divisive he is. Now the party, and Canada, are paying the price.

I can't wait to see the back of him.

prin said...

I had to feed you this link this link. Ooo...

(Was there ever any doubt to the contrary?)

Anonymous said...

LGBT activists are already gearing up for G8 and G20 and you Simon should join them instead of trying to play it down planned protests.
See:
http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/Protesters_mount_antiG8_peoples_summit-8467.aspx

Unknown said...

Example number 874 of how that man is a total idiot...

Simon said...

hi Bina... yes "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" would be good. But judging by the police state I'm living in, I expect Doris to turn up in a faux Nazi uniform... ;)

Simon said...

hi Torontonian...I thought his influence was fading, so I was shocked to read in Marci McDonald's book that he's STILL the leader of the Theocon caucus.
In Stephen Harper's government mediocrity goes a long way... :)

Simon said...

hi prin...yeah that's a really strange story. I can't wait to know who these ministers are. And I want to know whether they are investigating Jason Kenney. Because I suspect that he is getting his orders from Pope Benny...or the Governor of Alabama... :)

Simon said...

hi anonymous...yes I saw that thank you. But the day I march down the street dressed in pink to protest against the G20 will be the day hell freezes over. But is that the kind of threat we're paying a billion dollars to protect ourselves from?
I mean REALLY...

Simon said...

hi Brahm... Is it only at 874? I thought we were at 1000 already. But don't worry, the idiot will get there... ;)

Anonymous said...

The Liberals said we would have soldiers with guns on the streets of Canada and here they are. No soldiers exactly but security forces. What's the difference?