Monday, April 25, 2011

Stephen Harper's Words Come Back to Bite Him













About four years ago I started portraying Stephen Harper as a monster...as an ideological thug whose mask fell off.

I realize it was bit crude, but it did save me a lot of writing eh?

And besides, because I had studied him in university, I knew it wouldn't be long before the mask fell off.

And that sooner or later Harper's words would come back to bite him.

Like they did today.

A 500-page dossier of potentially damaging remarks by Stephen Harper has hit the election campaign, but don't blame the opposition parties — it was prepared by the Conservatives.

Oh no...decisions...decisions... I can't decide which quote I like more, this one:

"I'm not ashamed to say that, in caucus, I have more pro-life MPs supporting me than supporting Stockwell Day."

Or this one.

"Providing for the poor is a provincial, not a federal responsibility."

Isn't this warning interesting?

A cover note on the 2004 instalment says the quotes "that have the potential to be the most problematic are the quotations dealing with health care."

And isn't this simply DELICIOUS?

The research was begun in 2003 by Harper's former chief of staff, Tom Flanagan, who appears to have believed the old adage that forewarned is forearmed.

But of course he would eh?















Mein Strangelove, mein Strangelove....da Fuhrer  the Calgary School would be proud of you. Just like I am.

But of course, Great Ugly Leader and his Con mob are VERY upset, so the sooner you can propel yourself to Paraguay the better.

Gawd. How spooky eh?

The Con quest for The Thousand Year Majority, is ending.

Just like the movie did...



Recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers.

3 comments:

Wall Flower Studio said...

Ha! Great post, but you forgot one thing, Simon.
Mr. Harper has been thinking about the poor and the disadvantaged of this wonderful country of ours. He wants to build prisons for them. And let's not forget about those unreported crimes. It's the thought police in action.
If Canada is looking for a Fascist leader, Stephen is our man. ; )

Simon said...

hi Wall Flower Studio...Oh but I didn't. That's why I am hoping the opposition can use Harper's words to take a bite out of him...and his majority. Because I realize he's building all those prisons and I fear he may have already booked a place for me. Right next to the torture chamber... ;)

Wall Flower Studio said...

Simon, I'm an artist and a woman. Harper has no liking for either.

Perhaps he'll have us housed in a separate block of the same prison.

See you around the excercise yard sometime. ; )