Monday, October 25, 2010

Rob Ford: The Night Hogtown Got Its Hog











Well oink oink. Isn't  that  a pretty sight? And who says racism and homophobia aren't a winning combination?

Because only that can explain this landslide of pig shit. Or how this grotesque right-wing hog could be mayor of Canada's largest city.

Oh well. There will be time to analyze what happened and what this means for the way progressives fight the right.

God save us from the electoral idealists who want you to "vote with your heart." Time after time, they are the right-wing’s secret weapon.

But tonight I just want to say this:

Toronto a world class city?

Right.

Cue the Mexican clowns....



And of course eh ?

We know a bigot when we see one.

And the resistance begins TOMORROW...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

He is a nasty piece of work... still cant believe they elected him!

Stewart said...

I can't believe that **** got elected. He is the classic meathead bully and the voters who voted for him must be either too stupid to see that or they like him that way.

Sad day for Toronto.

Anonymous said...

dont say they. we are more pissed off than you could ever imagine.

Tina said...

It's like when Mike Harris won. People think the last guy spent too much so they voted for the right-wing "fiscal responsibility" guy, even though he's a total asshat.

Omar said...

I used to love you Toronto, but it's all over now.

Simon said...

hi Brahm...yes he's not exactly nature's finest creation. I wouldn't call him evil...that requires at least half a brain... but he sure is a braying jackass. Hee haw hee haw :)

Simon said...

hi Stewart...you know now that I've recovered I have to say I'm not surprised. Smitherman ran a terrible campaign, the progressive side was divided, and he played upon the worst instincts of the electorate. I'm going to elaborate on that in my next post. But as you may know I truly despise bullies. And yes it is a sad day for Toronto...

Simon said...

hi anonymous...I'm not quite sure what you mean, but please include me in that WE. Because when I voted it was such a young crowd I was sure we were going to win. So for about two hours after the result came in I had smoke pouring out of my ears... :)

Simon said...

hi Christina...exactly and then the people of this city spent the next ten years paying for it. And did you see who was there at Ford headquarters on election night? Nobody less than Mike Harris himself.
Gawd. It's like a really bad zombie movie... :)

Simon said...

hi Omar...well don't give up on the city. I know that as a Montrealer I shouldn't say this, but there are a lot of good people in this city. And I look forward to taking it back. First my country, and then TO, or vice versa. By the time we're finished with this right-wing hog he'll wish he was back in Florida getting booked for drunk driving.. :)