Saturday, October 09, 2010

Jason Kenney Forced to Admit Gay People Exist
















Well I see the ridiculous homophobe Jason Kenney has been forced to include gay Canadians in the Canadian Citizenship Guide.

The next printing of a guide designed to educate immigrants applying for Canadian citizenship will contain references to gay rights — ones that Immigration Minister Jason Kenney had vetoed for the current version.

Which couldn't have been easy eh? Especially for a religious fanatic who once said gays were free to get married, as long as they married someone of the opposite sex.

I hear he was soooooooooo upset.

He could hardly leave his boudoir...













And that  it took a lot of electricity AND a holy water enema, before he could admit that gay people exist.

Although you can see his purple paw marks all over over the new draft.

"Our laws protect all Canadians, including gays and lesbians, from unjust discrimination. All Canadians enjoy the same access to education, health care, jobs, housing, social services, and pensions, regardless of their sexual orientation.

"In 2005, Parliament passed a law extending the right to civil marriage to same-sex couples. At the same time, the law respects religious freedom, so no church, synagogue, mosque or temple can be forced to perform a marriage that goes against the religious beliefs of its members."

Because heaven forbid eh? We wouldn't want some conservative immigrant to think he might be forced to marry a man, in his own house of worship, in front of his four wives.

I mean that would be almost as humiliating as it was for gay people, when they were forced to ask for their human rights. Or ask to be included in their own country.

So I won't be thanking anyone, except for my MP Olivia Chow, who led the charge in the House of Commons.

But as for Jason Kenney I still think he should have been arrested for messing with the lives of gay people. And institutionalizing homophobia.

So instead of a THANK YOU.

Wrapped up in a dog turd.

I think I'll send him this...



I thought he might like the all-female band. Or Mr Pink.

You know, the funny thing is, after this debacle I can picture Kenney playing the trombone. 

In the drag queen band in Cabaret.

Golly. Who knew there were gays in Canada eh?

Have a great weekend everybody !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very glad this is happening, Simon. The exclusion should never have happened the last time.

I am reading that Stephen Hatred is inflaming passions again against the hated coalition yesterday. But the good news is that his government is imploding ... a new scandal or two every week ... does keep us entertained though, doesn't it? Heh, heh.

Beijing York said...

It should never have gone out like that in the first place, but yay for the inclusion.

Now on that Mr. Pink note, I think you might enjoy and perhaps incorporate this in one of your posts:

http://www.bestadsontv.com/ad/31586/Queer-Lisboa-Mister-Pink

Simon said...

hi anonymous...yes it is good to see Jason Kenney having to back down, because I thought it was one of the worst things this government has ever done. And as for Stephen Harper and the coalition boogy man, I rather like what Paul Wells had to say about it. He calls it a case of political Tourette's Syndrome.
As for suggesting that I might be enjoying all these scandals, or the implosion of the Harperites, how could you? I'm just doing my patriotic duty and everything else is a bonus... ;)

Simon said...

hi Beijing...yes I'm glad too. I'm going to have to give Olivia Chow a new basket of flowers for her bicycle. And thanks for that video. I never would have guessed it was for a Queer Film Festival. But I think I might able to turn it into a Harper Cabinet meeting... :)