Thursday, October 07, 2010

The Cons Are Made to Look Like Idiots. Again

















The other day I wondered whether Stephen Harper would ever be able to get a heart. And I said I doubted it. Because there are some things even Wizards can't do.

Now the question is can Maxime Bernier find a brain? And the answer is still NO.

Michael Ignatieff’s team has produced a letter from 2006 in which then-industry minister Maxime Bernier provides a strong defence of the mandatory long-form census. And the Liberals are hailing it as proof the government’s decision to scrap the form is based on ideology alone.

He goes on to explain that the questions are “essential for providing the information needed by governments, businesses, researchers and individual Canadians to shed light on issues of concern to all of us – employment, education, training, transportation, housing, immigration, income support, pensions for seniors, transfer payments, aboriginal issues and many more.”


Because if the bozo from the Beauce could find a brain, after coming up with the idea to destroy a census he once called ESSENTIAL.

Tony Clement might be able to ask the Wizard for some self respect, and let's face it that's IMPOSSIBLE.


















Clement: "I can't quantify. Even if there's one complaint, if it's a legitimate complaint, even if there's one complaint from a Canadian about the coercive tactics used by a government agency we have to consider that complaint a valid question about public policy."

Barton: "Sure, but we don't change public policy for one person do we?"

Clement: "Why not? If they're right."

Barton: "We change public policy for one person?"

Clement: "If they're right."


Oh boy. I've said it once, and I'll say it again. You can't defend the indefensible.

The decision to gut the census is a reckless act of ideological sabotage, by a group of alien Cons and their crazed leader.

It's going to hurt Canada, and it's going to KILL them...

Golly. I don't know why but I'm feeling musical today.

Cue the DJ Kitty...

2 comments:

D said...

"The other day I wondered whether Stephen Harper would ever be able to get a heart. And I said I doubted it. Because there are some things even Wizards can't do."

Next time I read this blog, I'll make sure I have Kleenex ready for when I spit coffee all over my keyboard.

Fantastic post!

Simon said...

hi Dylan... thanks I'm glad you liked it even if your keyboard didn't. Actually I was just continuing the story from the last post, where Tin Man Harper was waving his axe at poor Dorothy and demanding her heart. One of my friends said he thought that was extreme. So I immediately unfriended him..... for a couple of days. Because of course I don't... ;)