Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rob Ford: When a Bully is a Bigot

















Well I see that the day after this grotesque right-wing  bully became Mayor of Toronto, the right-wing media is going hog wild.

As if those who believe in a modern, more livable city were THE ENEMY. And the grubby uneducated and the boors bores from the suburbs were the future.

And nowhere in all the coverage do I see the word RACISM. When in fact that was the main reason Fordzilla won. 

“We can’t even deal with the 2.5 million people. How are we going to welcome another million people in? It is going to be chaotic…. I think we have to say enough’s enough.”

For saying aloud what I hear so many in this city muttering to themselves.

While Premier Dalton McGuinty was lambasting Ford’s comments last month — “I just don’t think it’s representative of Canadians” — we now know that Ford was more in tune with Ontarians, for better or for worse. The latest Angus Reid poll shows opposition to the boat people is strongest in this province.

Because in Canada we like our bigotry DISCREET. And that includes new immigrants, who see other immigrants as competition for low paying jobs. And as the right-wing libertarian Tasha Kheiridin exults, see their new land as a jungle.


Newcomers to Toronto don’t have time to dwell on how to make Toronto “inclusive”. They aren’t interested in funding alternative art exhibits. They could care less about bicycle lanes. They are busy working night and day to feed their kids and put a roof over their heads. They don’t sympathize with “fair wage” policies that pay inflated prices to keep unions happy, at the expense of hard-working taxpayers like themselves.

And for many of these first generation immigrants, just like Ford's bigoted old white supporters, homophobia is a bonus.

And Ford never stopped reminding people that unlike Smitherman, he was married to a woman. With predictable results...


















That's the main reason he won. And that's why I agree with Glen Murray.

Glen Murray, the minister of research and innovation and a former Winnipeg mayor, wrote in a post on his Twitter account on the weekend that “If u vote Ford u r voting for bigotry."

Even though Murray has now apologized.

Because there may be other reasons people voted for Ford. But nothing can change the cold hard fact.

The bully is a bigot.

The lout is a liar.

And the asshole is an asshole.



That's a Mayor of Toronto?

Hee Haw. Hee Haw.

Don't make me laugh VOMIT...

7 comments:

thwap said...

Ford is a lying, stupid, spoiled brat.

His election is a testimony to the bankruptcy of our political culture (as was Smitherman's candidacy).

Ford is going to be a disaster and none of his disgusting cheerleaders will ever admit their responsibility for foisting this shit-smelling cretin upon us.

Not all the people who voted for Ford are stupid. I actually think most of them were simply ignorant.

But I'm under no obligation to worry about their precious hurt feeewings when i tell them they made a stupid, idiotic, ignorant, political choice and that i wish only Ford voters will have to deal with the chaos and stupidity that they've now brought upon us all.

Anonymous said...

Rob Ford is a fat fuck. Er ist also ein Dumkopf Blond. He doesn't have enough brains to think about why he is affecting those around him the way he does. He called the so-called Italian guy (I couldn't tell whether the reporter was Italian or not) as "barber". Why the fuck would a dumb blond like him make a false accusation on someone for calling him a "fat fuck." He just didn't like the way the questions were going. I sure's hell didn't hear the man call fatty a "fat fuck." btw, I am from Ottawa, a human of Germanic, Slavic, and British roots. I am for gay marriage, interested in mixed culture marriage, and have enough cunning to call someone like him a big, fat liar.

Anonymous said...

Watch the reporter's jaw and lips at 1:07... the sound may be muted out, but it certainly does look like he said "Fat Fuck." Ford is a *little* on the tubby side, tho...

Simon said...

hi thwap... I agree with you that his election is a testimony to the bankruptcy of our political culture. And that Smitherman was a lousy candidate. I was hoping that my councilor Adam Vaughn would run for Mayor,since he's Ford's biggest opponent, but I guess I'm going to have to wait four years. And I only hope there is still a city left for him to manage...

Simon said...

hi thwap... I agree with you that his election is a testimony to the bankruptcy of our political culture. And that Smitherman was a lousy candidate. I was hoping that my councilor Adam Vaughn would run for Mayor,since he's Ford's biggest opponent, but I guess I'm going to have to wait four years. And I only hope there is still a city left for him to manage...

Simon said...

hi anonymous...well I agree that Ford is a dumkopf. :) Even if Barber did call him a fat fuck, which I doubt, that's no reason to act like Ford did. He is simply a loudmouth bully and everything about him disgusts me...

Simon said...

hi anonymous two...I wouldn't use the words fat fuck, I much prefer dumb fuck. But if Barber did use those words I have to think he must have been provoked. Which doesn't excuse it, but does help explain it... :)