Thursday, March 26, 2009

Harper, the CBC, and the Day of Reckoning

















When I come across scenes like this one and I wonder how bad it's going to get in Stephen Harper's Canada.

And how much suffering we'll be able to ignore.

And I know that a few blocks away the CBC is being gutted.

And that Great Monster Leader must be so excited he probably has to keep both hands in his pockets to keep from fondling himself in public.

Because he HATES the CBC so much.

And I wonder what kind of country I'm living in...
















I wish we could have an election TOMORROW.

But the painful truth is that we can't. The time is not right. The blank cheque, the crime bills, the CBC, are just designed to provoke the Liberals into forcing an election before they are ready.

And this is a far better hill for Harper to die on.

Sooner or later.... when even more Canadians become unemployed in a country without a proper safety net. And the suffering will be impossible to ignore.

Harper's words will come back to haunt him:

"In terms of the unemployed, of which we have over a million-and-a-half, don't feel particularly bad for many of these people. They don't feel bad about it themselves, as long as they're receiving generous social assistance and unemployment insurance."

The day of reckoning will finally arrive.

And the monster WILL be toppled....

5 comments:

Niles said...

Sing it Simon. You ruthlessly articulate what makes me go arghhlgle.

At times, it's like watching a house burn with flames that are apparently not visible to most people around you and the heat hasn't caught on their clothes yet.

But like most things, we're what, three to four years behind the US in the cycle of fashion. (in the bowie song sense of the word. fafafafafascion)

Nixon and Trudeau. Only we have Nixon.

Anonymous said...

All I see (no see on television/media) is the US poking their nose into Canada's domestic and international affairs, with Harper's total compliance. We have got to stop looking outside and look in our own backyard, its there for all to see. No, not too far behind the U.S. because Harper is suddenly a good friend. For what? This is not a democracy because we are not allowed to see what the elitists have planned. Iggy is part of it as well. Do Not Trust Them.

Simon said...

Hi Niles...thank you how did you know I like to sing? :)
But yeah one thing I refuse to do is look away, or step over broken bodies on a sidewalk, or ever accept that this should happen in my country.
Just like I won't look on silently while this hideous Con government guts another symbol of Canada.
These are grim times indeed... but I remain optimistic that we will eventually overcome and make this beautiful country as magnificent as it should be.
BTW....Sebastien and I checked the homeless man out to make sure he was OK. *sigh* just another day in the big city....

Simon said...

Hi anonymous...I'm afraid Harper and his Cons believe they are the last of the Bush Cons. Still holding out..... in the Alamo.
But you know how that one ended so I'm hopeful :)

Oemissions said...

Is that a former CBC investigative journalist on the street?