Monday, August 31, 2009

Stephen Harper and Big Con Brother











I think the first time I realized how rabidly ideological Stephen Harper's Cons were, was when one of the first things they did was delete the words "women's equality" from every Status of Women document they could get their grubby hands on.

Just like Big Brother's totalitarian tools in Orwell's 1984. Changing everything into Newspeak.

This suits the totalitarian regime of the Party whose aim is to make any alternative thinking impossible by removing any words or possible constructs which describe the ideas of freedom, rebellion and so on. One character says admiringly of the shrinking volume of the new dictionary: "It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words."

To ideologically align thought and action and make all other forms of thought impossible.

Well guess what? The Cons are at it again.

There's a change in language taking place in documents and correspondence put out by Canada's foreign service. Widely-accepted terms like "child soldiers," "gender equality" and "international humanitarian law" are disappearing. In their place are the phrases "children in armed conflict," "equality of men and women" and "international law."

With changes that would make it harder to bring child soldiers like Omar Khadr home, and would water down women's rights

It also edits the sentence "Canada urges the government of the DRC to take concerted measures to do whatever is necessary to put an end to impunity for sexual violence" to say instead "concerted measures to prevent sexual violence."

Can you believe that? And what does Lawrence "Marooner" Cannon have to say about this?

"It's our vocabulary. I've told my people that these are the policies that we carry out," Cannon told the Canadian foreign affairs newsweekly.

"In some circumstances, it's semantics; in other circumstances, we're going to be changing policies so that they reflect what Canada's values are and what Canadians said when they supported us during the last election."

It's OUR vocabulary. We're aligning words, ideology, and action. How Big Brotherly. Or in his case what a pathetic little tool of the crazed ideologue Stephen Harper. And his rabid base, that are dragging our country into the gutter, and shaming us in the eyes of the world.

Oh boy. The Cons want to take human out of humanitarian. Isn't it about time we rewrote history too?

Told Great Big Brother Leader and his crazies to go shove it eh?

And took the Con out of Canada...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont understand why people aren't calling this what it really is -- lining foreign and domestic policy up with Harpers church;s policy.

Simon said...

hi anonymous...I don't understand either why Canadians can't see what's happening...or if they do they don't seem to care. My best guess is that that they think horrible things can't happen in Canada. But unless we do more to defeat these crazed un-Canadian Cons and their foul ideology, it can and it will...

Kenn said...

If I remember, I will credit you with singlehandedly bringing down the Harper government. Your unrelenting criticism - and it's all true - should be shouted from the roof-tops!

Simon said...

hi Kenn...oh please don't flatter me. I mean I love it but it's bad for me. My jealous friends say my head is already swollen. So if I had ANYTHING to do with bringing down this hideous "government"...I'd probably have to push it around in a supermarket cart.
Although I must admit I do LIVE for that happy day... :)