Monday, August 10, 2009

More Bad /Good News for Redheads



















OMG. This is awesome. Now I know why when I go to the dentist I have to pretend I'm a member of the French Resistance being tortured by the Gestapo. So I can try to be really brave....and not scream too LOUDLY.

It's not because I'm cowardly eh? It's just because I'm redly.

A growing body of research shows that people with red hair need larger doses of anesthesia and often are resistant to local pain blockers like Novocaine. As a result, redheads tend to be particularly nervous about dental procedures and are twice as likely to avoid going to the dentist as people with other hair colors....


Gawd. Can you believe that? As if we didn't suffer enough.

Oh well. At least now they can't call us cowards as well as carrots. And I know what I'm going to tell my dentist the next time I don't miss an appointment.

Hey Doc...you know how I'm ALWAYS saying hit me with your best shot? And you NEVER do?

Well this time I REALLY mean it. Long live the French Resistance and the oppressed redheads of the world !!!

Down with the Gestapo bullies...

3 comments:

'berto said...

Better Red than Dead, eh, Simon? *wink*

Simon said...

hi 'berto...well if you put it that way....But since I wrote this post a friend told me his dentist always offers him laughing gas so I'm feeling CHEATED. ;)

Unknown said...

Nice painting

dentist Montreal