Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Stephen Harper and the Hidden Threat
















Well I see that ten years after 9/11, Great Crusader Leader has declared "Islamicism" the greatest threat to Canada....and Nigeria.

"When people think of Islamic terrorism, they think of Afghanistan, or maybe they think of someone in the Middle East, but the truth is that threat exists all over the world," he said, citing domestic terrorism in Nigeria.

And is using it as an excuse to turn Canada into a police state. And will no doubt use the same excuse to pass the bill that would allow the authorities to search computers without a warrant.

Gawd. I guess I'm going to have to watch the whole interview on the Mansbridge show on Thursday. Which means I'm going to have to buy a bottle of wine eh?  Because I can't watch more than ten minutes of Harper without feeling the need to get drunk. And  I do want to see if Mansbridge asks these questions :

(1) If the Islamicist threat is so great why did he so gleefully bomb the Gaddaffi mob, when they used to kill or jail Al Qaeda members? And they worked so closely with the CIA.

(2) Does he believe that by going around bombing Muslim countries he makes Canada a safer or a more dangerous place to live in? And what exactly is the point of The Great War on Terror if it DOESN'T make us safer?

(3) Does he understand any of the lessons of 9/11, or ever ask himself the burning question that so many seem to avoid? The one Robert Fisk asks here. 

Why so, I ask myself, after 10 years of war, hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths, lies and hypocrisy and betrayal and sadistic torture by the Americans – our MI5 chaps just heard, understood, maybe looked, of course no touchy-touchy nonsense – and the Taliban? Have we managed to silence ourselves as well as the world with our own fears? Are we still not able to say those three sentences: The 19 murderers of 9/11 claimed they were Muslims. They came from a place called the Middle East. Is there a problem out there?

Because let's face it, until Israelis and Palestinians live side by side in peace and security, the terrorist threat will continue to be fuelled by that conflict. And the fear and the horror will go on and on and on.

But of course Mansbridge won't ask that question, and even if he did Stephen Harper wouldn't be able to answer. Because what's he going to say ?

Peter, I don't believe in the Peace Process, and I've done all I can to sabotage it, because my God tells me Greater Israel can't be divided if the Messiah is going to return. And even if I didn't believe that, and I do, my rabid religious base believes it, I need their dough. And if you don't believe me ask Dr Roy. 

Or Lezra....













Great eh? Once we were known as genius peacemakers, and we could have helped bring Israelis and Palestinians together, pointed the way to the light, and ended that cursed conflict which has caused so much death and suffering all over the world.

But now, with the Harperites in power, and foreign policy replaced by Biblical prophecy, we can only sit in the dark and wonder who will hit us first?

The terrorists .... the police state...

Or the Steampunk Octopus ?



You know... I think I'm going to have to pick up TWO bottles of wine eh?

Because when you're living in Harper's Canada, where ignorance is strength, fear is a virtue, and Great Warrior Leader is a loose cannon AND a dictator in waiting.


One bottle is never enough...

No comments: