Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Face of Hate and the Inspiring Message of Antoine Leiris



When I see how the tragedy in Paris has some of the bigots in this country crawling out of their holes, to spew ignorance and hatred. 

Like this ghastly joker. 

Half maniac, half beast.

Or I read the comments from those who are so afraid, they would deny desperate refugees safe haven in Canada. And by so doing play into the hands of the ISIS death cult.

I like to think of the message Antoine Leiris, who lost his wife at the Bataclan club, had for her killers: 




"You will not have my hatred."

For it couldn't be more heartbreaking, or braver, or more inspiring.



I must admit I don't know if could be as noble as Antoine Leiris, if a terrorist killed the one I love. But I sure admire his strength and his decency.

And what I do know is that he is right. To surrender to fear, or succumb to hatred, is to give the terrorists what they want.

So the bigots in this country should crawl back to the holes they came from, or just shut up and know this:

For as long as human decency prevails, the ISIS beasts, and the haters who resemble them, will never ever win...

Please click here to recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers

12 comments:

lungta said...

empathy, compassion and wisdom
the other opinions just don't cut it
can you see?
can you really see?
many don't
they will bomb and shoot and burn
both sides
no winners

Anonymous said...

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Anonymous said...

Why aren't the Cons speaking out against violence to Canadian Muslims?

Simon said...

hi lungta...I basically share your views, the Great War on Terror seems to me like insanity. Where first you create a problem and then you make it worse. I also have my share of human flaws, but luckily a lack of empathy isn't one of them. For without empathy we can't be fully human, and are capable of doing the cruellest things...

Simon said...

hi anon....yup. It's hard to get that message across in a world screaming for violence. But nothing beats the power of love, and nothing but love will save us....

Simon said...

hi anon...the reason is very simple. Speaking out for the human rights of Muslims would offend their bigot base. And of course let's not forget that the Cons used bigotry as a political weapon in the last election, so they are also responsible for stirring up the hate we are seeing at the present time...

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon. as Justin Trudeau said about the Con's, " Always afraid to say the wrong thing but always doing the wrong thing" Well apparently now they don't mind saying the wrong thing. Over and over. Thankfully we now have a Prime Minister that says and does the right thing. He's got a lot of wrongs to right but I have complete faith in him. I'm so proud of him for helping the refugees. It breaks my heart to see them suffering and can't wait for them to know peace again under a new government that doesn't hate them. Thank you Simon , I really appreciate all your posts. xx

David said...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/22/21695/fear-is-the-path-to-the-dark-side-fear-leads-to-anger-anger-leads-to-hate-hate-leads-to-suffering-quote-2.jpg

e.a.f. said...

what an amazing message this man gave. Saw it on the evening news. He did the right thing. If we are afraid and change how we live, the terrorists have won.

Simon said...

hi anon...thank you I'm glad you like my posts. And yes I agree with you, what a relief it is to have a real Canadian government again. Justin Trudeau does face many challenges in this crazy world, but as long as he is guided by the light of our precious Canadian values he can't go wrong...

Simon said...

hi David...yes Yoda is right, as usual ;) And his message couldn't be more useful in a crazy time like this one. It's truly disturbing to see how fear leads to hate, and even usually sensible people can completely lose their heads....

Simon said...

hi e.a.f.... it is an amazing message isn't it. I was absolutely stunned the first time I watched it. What a wonderful way to show the power of love, and not give those murdering bastards what they want...