Monday, March 18, 2013

Ezra Levant and the Apology Song


Well I'm glad to see that Ezra Levant has apologized for his hateful comments about the Roma.

Although it did take him forever to put his lips together and spit out the words I'm sorry.

And knowing him, I'm pretty sure he's even sorrier that he had to write this formal apology. 

There were some criticisms after that show, but I dismissed them as coming from the usual soft-on-crime liberals and grievance groups. But when I look at some of the words I used in that show - like "the gypsies have gypped us" - I must admit that I did more than just attack a crime or immigration fraud problem. I attacked a particular group, and painted them all with the same brush. And to those I hurt, I'm sorry.

But as for me I'm delighted eh?

For although that humble pie is larded with the gallstones of self justification, and even includes a tribute to the memory mummy of Ayn Rand, and is both ghastly and hilarious...

There's nothing wrong with going after a criminal gang. But it's wrong to brand an entire community with a broad brush - I wouldn't like it as a Jew, and the whole point of my crusade against the Indian Act is to free ordinary Indians from the corrupt chiefs who rule them. I am an anti-racism activist.

It must have just KILLED Levant to have to grovel like that. And have to say I'm so sorry, boo hoo. For the first time in his life.

I mean can you imagine his state of mind? 

It must have been a scary spectacle...



But then he didn't have much choice eh?

Not when the words were so ugly.

“These are gypsies, a culture synonymous with swindlers. The phrase gypsy and cheater have been so interchangeable historically that the word has entered the English language as a verb: he gypped me. Well the gypsies have gypped us. Too many have come here as false refugees. And they come here to gyp us again and rob us blind as they have done in Europe for centuries …

Not when the police were involved.

And especially not when the fate of his grubby little network hangs in the balance.

For Levant may loftily declare that it's his job to fearlessly "barbecue" every "politically correct sacred cow" in Canada. But he'd rather not face the fires of martyrdom himself. Or barbecue his own bovine ass.

Or see his comfy gig go up in smoke...



When he can wait for the stench to clear, hope the police don't charge him, and that his nasty little network survives.

And then go back to tarring everyone from Muslims to gay people with his bully brush, as he has always done. And always will. Because a decent person would never have made those comments about the Roma in the first place. Or waited so long to apologize.

Although his Con drag show will never be quite the same eh? For so much of his appeal to the grubby bigots who watch him was that he never apologized for ANYTHING.

But now he has, and I bet a lot of his redneck viewers are so disgusted they're watching the Guns  and Redneck Mud Wrestling Channel instead. And calling him a Mooslim or a faggot.

Poor old Lezra, what a way to go.

You know maybe his apology would have been more effective if he had sung it, like Nick Clegg the leader of the Liberal Democrats in Britain once did. After he made a promise not to raise tuition fees. Only to break it.

And then have to say SORRY...



Hmmm...or maybe NOT.

At least Clegg has some decency, and some talent. Unlike Levant, and the ghastly Cons at the Sun News Network.

Tell the CRTC to torpedo their application.

Before they pollute the airwaves further...

Click here to recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers.

2 comments:

thwap said...

"I didn't know that when I said a whole group of people was a gang of criminals that I was targeting an entire group of people."

Stupid or lying or both. No other options.

Simon said...

hi thwap...I would say both. And a bully as well. For it would be bad enough for anyone to say what he did about the Roma, but for a Jewish person to go on about those who were also persecuted by the Nazis is almost unbelievable, and absolutely unforgivable. I can only hope that he has learned his lesson, but needless to say I'm not optimistic...