Friday, May 18, 2012
Mulcair and the Attack of the Con Hogs
Well I see the Big Oil Cons have finally released their attack hogs.
The Harper Conservatives have finally unleashed the attack dogs on Tom Mulcair. They've pounced on the newly minted NDP leader's musings about the economic impact of Alberta's oilsands to paint him as a divisive, ill-informed, irresponsible enemy of western Canada who is unfit to govern.
And that in the absence of Great Napoleon Leader, James Moore led the charge, with this humungous hog fart.
"I am wondering when the leader of the Opposition will apologize to western Canadians for suggesting the strength of the western Canadian economy is a disease on Canada," Moore told the House of Commons.
"He attacks western Canada, he attacks our energy industry, he attacks all of the West and the great work that is being done by western Canadians to contribute to Canada's national unity. He should be ashamed of himself," he thundered.
And all I can say after that hogly emission is this:
(1) Attacking the oil pimps in Alberta and Saskatchewan does not amount to attacking the West. British Columbia has been almost as badly hurt by the Dutch Disease as has Central Canada. And Manitoba is not a petro-state either.
(2) The Dutch Disease is a fact not an opinion. And when it's deliberately wielded like a blunt weapon by the Cons to enrich two provinces at the expense of the others, it's a crime against Canada.
(3) Going after Big Oil for polluting the planet and forcing future generations to pick up the tab is the right and decent thing to do. And attacking the Cons for selling us out to foreign interests is the sacred duty of every Canadian.
(4) No AlbertaCon should ever accuse others of threatening national unity, when they are doing the most to damage it. Living it up like hogs, while destroying jobs all over the country. Stealing the food off our tables. Raping the future of our children
Not when Stephen Harper once called for the province to build a Great Firewall of Alberta. Not when Albertans are always calling for Quebec to be expelled from Canada, or badmouthing other Canadians.
“Quebec has no interest in playing in the Canadian sandbox,” wrote Brian Purdy of Calgary. “There is a growing resentment in Alberta toward sending what amounts to $14,000 per family, every year, to other Canadians, mainly Quebecers. Canada without Quebec will finally be able to be a nation with national ideals and goals.
The wretched redneck separatists.
(5) Bob Rae must still believe that by pretending to love the tar sands the Liberals can win the next election by winning more seats in Alberta:
Rae said Mulcair's "abstract economic theory" that resource development is to blame for the high dollar is "absurd" and questioned his political smarts in sticking to it so vigorously. "When you're deep in a hole like Mr. Mulcair is, the first thing you do is stop digging. Instead of which, he just kept on digging deeper and deeper."
Like Michael Ignatieff did...
And you know how that one turned out eh?
(6) If the Cons and other Big Oil stooges think Tom Mulcair is going to be a pushover they're in for a rude awakening:
Mulcair later said the Tories had better think again if they think they can roll over him the way they did Dion and Ignatieff.
"As you can see as usual, when there is a substantive debate, all they can do is scream and try to bully you down. They've picked the wrong guy if they think they're going to bully me."
Which at this critical point in our history is all that counts eh?
Because what Mulcair's critics seem to forget is that the Con regime is hated like no other government in Canadian history. And that by attacking that regime and its Calgary-based leader like no opposition leader has before, Mulcair is drawing that anti-Harper vote to him like a magnet.
The New Democrats (36%) have moved into a narrow national lead over the Conservatives (32%). Liberals trail with 19 percent. Green support stand at seven percent support and the BQ has six percent (25% in Quebec).
Mulcair doesn't need to win any seats in Alberta or Saskatchewan, just more seats in Ontario. And as his numbers increase, and the Liberals go nowhere, he is positioning himself as the ONLY person who can defeat the Cons, and that can only make him even MORE popular.
As for the greedy oil pimps who are waging economic war on other Canadians, while making it sound like they are the victims.
May I suggest they go suck on a Chiquita banana.
Or wear this nifty hat...
Because, as they say in cowboy, the new sheriff just rode into town.
And this bad guy is going DOWN...
Vote here to recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers