Friday, February 03, 2012
Jason Kenney and the Fox News North Gang
Sometimes you have to focus on the big picture. Sometimes you have to see the forest for the trees. Or just smell the manure.
But here are the facts as I see them:
(1) Jason Kenney, a grotesque member of the sinister Harper gang commands civil servants to organize an immigrant show for his friends at Fox News North.
Documents released under Access to Information legislation show that just a few weeks before Canada's Citizenship Week last October, Kenney's staff directed departmental officials to add a last-minute citizenship ceremony at the network to their list of scheduled events.
A network that pimps for Big Oil, attacks programs designed to help bullied gay kids, never misses a chance to bash Muslims or immigrants.
And was set up for the sole purpose of destroying the CBC...
Just like the Cons are planning to do.
(2) Civil servants suggest that Fox News North could attend one of the many real citizenship ceremonies in the Toronto area. But Fox News North is too cheap to do that, so one of their producers says hey don't sweat it, it's just a minstrel show.
"Let's do it. We can fake the Oath," reads an email from a @sunmedia.ca email address, the name blacked out of the document.
(3) A senior civil servant suggests that just reciting the Oath might shortchange the new Canadians.
"We have to keep in mind that the ceremony should first and foremost be a special (sic) for the new citizen, most of whom will want family and friends (sic) attend this very special day in their lives," the bureaucrat wrote.
But nobody cares about that eh? And Jason Kenney's office says the show must go on.
(4) When terrified civil servants can't come up with real immigrants they dress up, wave little Canadian flags, and pretend to be the real thing.
(5) The Con monkeys at Fox News North claim they don't know NOTHING. And blame the CBC...
Calling Jennifer Ditchburn the "CBC's paid princess." Because she once worked for them, as did their own crass media harlot Krista Erickson.
(6) Jason Kenney, who set up the event in the first place, blames a civil servant.
Instead of blaming himself for forcing civil servants to do what they should not be doing, accepting full responsibility for his department, and resigning immediately.
(7) David Akin, who used to be a decent journalist, bends over backwards to exonerate his Fox News North gang, while never properly explaining the what and the why of a "fake oath."
And in the words of one of his commenters, missing the forest for the trees:
Some people that work in a government office are getting flak for doing what they could to respond to a request that they knew right from the start was a bad idea. They shouldn’t be holding the bag, while your network tries to pretend they had no part of this fiasco.
Oh yeah, one more thing, on a different subject.
A Conservative senator says he's been inundated with expressions of support for his unusual idea of helping murder convicts commit suicide.
So what's the big picture?
What a grotesque country we have become.
Jason Kenney is a liar and a coward. Fox News North is a dirty thing.
Welcome to Con Canada.
Sing for me David....