Sunday, March 11, 2012

The RoboCon Scandal: Taking it to the Street














I had to work today so I wasn't able to make it to any of these rallies. But I was with them in spirit, I really liked their signs and their message.  

“We need an independent inquiry right now so it can be dealt with and the crooks should be put in jail,” one protester told Global News.

And it was great to see Canadians taking to the streets, because that's the only way to keep the RoboCon scandal alive, and put pressure on the Harper regime to call that public inquiry.

Oh sure, the crowds weren't huge. But they were everywhere, and they'll be bigger next time, because the message is popular. 

So this doesn't bother me:

According to the survey, the Tories continue to hold a comfortable lead over their rivals, with 37% of respondents saying they would vote for them if an election occurred tomorrow — unchanged since a poll taken last November.

Because Kinsella is right, it will take time.

The Con’s Robocon scandal is only just beginning. Every day brings new revelations — most recently, in a CBC report that election rules were violated in a longtime Liberal bastion in the Toronto area. Political graves, I always tell candidates I’m privileged to work for, are dug with tiny shovels. Robocon will be no different.

But it will hurt them because the RoboCon scandal doesn't exist in a vacuum. If it did many Canadians would probably roll their eyes, yawn loudly, shift their fat asses on their La-Z-Boys, declare that all politicians are crooks. And go back to the orgy porgy and the centrifugal bumblepuppy.

Because that's Canada eh?

However if you put it this way: The Cons stole an election because they want to steal your pensions, slash your benefits, privatize medicare, read your e-mails, and turn us into a police state. 

And they want you to keep riding the centrifugal bumblepuppy, or believe that all politicians are as corrupt as they are. So you do absolutely nothing and they can screw you stoopid, and turn this country into a jungle.

Yup. I bet if you put it that way even some of the dumbest and most apathetic Canadians might wake up and smell the nightmare.

The internet is doing a good job of helping to expose the Con criminals who thought they could steal an election and get away with it. But it must do more to mobilize the population. 

The Great Canadian Resistance is stirring. Gimme a tiny shovel.

See you in the street...

4 comments:

ThinkingManNeil said...

Even if it takes a year, even if it takes adding each tiny piece after piece in a million piece puzzle to take them down, Simon, it'll be goddamn worth it. Let's bury these bastards...

N.

Beijing York said...

Totally agree, ThinkingManNeil. I'm hoping it takes less than a year.

I would also add that although the crowds were small, they weren't necessarily as small as the MSM reported. Here in Winnipeg, it was more than 300 and yet other than the CBC all others reported 100.

Simon said...

hi Neil...I have to admit that my spirits are flagging a bit. I'm tired, I'm depressed, because even in my worst nightmares I never thought it would be so bad. But yes, never mind how long and how hard it is, let's bury those bastards.
BTW if you ever feel like writing a guest post my weary body would only be too happy to oblige... :)

ThinkingManNeil said...

Thanks for the invite, Simon; I'll give it some thought.

Cheers,

N.