Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stephen Harper's Monstrous Attack on Justin Trudeau



I told you he was the sleaziest political pervert this country has ever seen.

I told you he has no morals. I told you he has no class.

I told you he was so scared of Justin Trudeau he would do ANYTHING to screw him.

But who knew he was so debased he would turn a horrible tragedy into another attack ad?

Prime Minister Stephen Harper took a swipe at Justin Trudeau on Wednesday after the new Liberal leader talked about the need “to look at the root causes” that led to this week’s terrorist attack in Boston.

“When you see this kind of action, when you see this kind of violent act, you do not sit around trying to rationalize it or make excuses for it or figure out its root causes,” Harper said.

Maybe Trudeau shouldn't have mused about what might have driven somebody to commit such a terrible act, like any normal person would.

Maybe he should have realized he's living in Harperland where reason is the enemy, bullies rule, and dirty is good.

Maybe Justin does need to be more careful about what he says. For this IS absurd:

“The NDP also find themselves to be deeply conflicted about the Charter of Rights and Freedoms,” he said, “largely because of a political calculation they’ve made pandering to … very vocal sovereigntist Quebecers who do not particularly appreciate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.”

Nobody is pandering to the separatists. And the NDP is not The Enemy.

But did Stephen Harper really have to drop his pants and expose his shrunken ugliness in such a foul way? And did I really hear the NDP's Randall Garrison say on Power and Politics that he agreed with Harper? 

Oh my poor Canada. What's happening to us. Doesn't plain old decency count anymore?

Don't progressives understand that Harper is just trying to distract us from a much larger story? The one that has the Cons in a panic.

The one I told you about last night. The one if we progressives combine our efforts, we can use to destroy them.

Now just do it.

For the sake of those who believe in a better Canada, and are sick of these dirty games.

Attack the Cons like they've never been attacked.

Lift us out of this moral darkness.

Make my beautiful country clean again...



Click here to recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what i see in the MSM the NDP have joined forces with the Cons to crush Justin Trudeau. At this point Trudeau,s a threat to both the Cons and the NDP but i thought the NDP would have enough brains to not give this perception. There,s no doubt they have. This is a political blunder IMHO.

Thanks for your great daily posts on your website Simon. I can,t imagine the amount of work and time you put into it. It,s much appreciated.

Simon said...

hi Hornby...thank YOU for reading my posts. I do try to write a post a day even if that means writing parts of them on my mobile, and on the back of my hand.;)
Although everybody keeps telling me, if I made them shorter, I could write more of them. But really all I'm trying to do is get progressives to stop fighting each other, and focus on the real enemy. For we are all, whatever our differences, way better than them. And the Cons have gotta go...

wazz said...

Leave to the HarperCons to mock a guy for helping with cancer research, and put up a dishonest ad to enrapture and enthrall their mud dumb stupid base. The full quote, in which JT was describing his father’s take on the views of separatists, was: “His (my dad’s) philosophy, certainly as he passed it on to us, has always been (as far as the separatists are concerned) Quebeckers are better than the rest of Canada because we’re Quebeckers or whatever. I mean, this idea that a lot more of us are bilingual, bi-cultural…” So basically the Cons manipulated JT’s paraphrasing his dad’s words describing what he thought about the thoughts of separatists, decades ago, and deliberately passed it off as if it was JT saying something entirely different. ‘Out of context’ isn’t even strong enough ‘condemnation of this putrid reprehensible ad. It is slander.

Kevin Cahill said...

I dream of a time and a place when the world can be free of negativity and we live in peace and love the way we were created to be. I applaud Justin Trudeau for saying "we don’t emphasize a culture of fear and mistrust" I wrote much more including how a woman from El Salvador thinks Canada has lost its shine here at www.canadianlegacybuilder.ca/to_love_beyond_reason

Rev said...

The NDP has always the party that I most identify with, however I have voted Liberal before, and the way I see things going I will vote Liberal again next time. Something has always bothered me about the NDP since Mulcair because leader, maybe it's his position on Israel, maybe something else, but it just doesn't feel right anymore.

JT has the best chance of beating the Cons next time, full stop. He'll never be perfect, but he oozes charisma, will get the youth exited about politics, and apparently, based on something I read recently, those aged 50+ are jumping on the Trudeau bandwagon like gangbusters. It's not what I would call an ideal scenario, devolving a national election into a popularity contest, but these are desperate times and progressives have their backs to the wall.

Simon said...

hi wazz.. yes the Cons really showed their true colours didn't they? I must be hard to be so dishonest, sleazy, and vulgar in such a short ad. But some how they managed it. I simply can't believe that I am living in a country with such a morally corrupt government. But of course there is some method to their madness. I am absolutely convinced that Harper is planning to campaign against Quebec in the next election, and portray both Justin and the NDP of being in bed with the separatists. So I think it's very important for Justin and the Liberals to counter that part of the ad, and expose its shameless distortion. For if they don't it could take root in the ignorance of some, and could come back to haunt them...

Simon said...

hi Kevin...cling to that dream because it is a beautiful one, and we're all going to have to get to that place sooner or later, or our world will not survive. Harper's black/white view of the world is just a caricature, and those who cannot understand why things happen are powerless to change them...

Simon said...

hi Rev...I live in a solid NDP riding, and I'm a dyed in the wool lefty, so I will probably be voting for them again. However I wish Justin luck. I'm attracted by his youthful idealism because I'm a hopeless idealist too. But as to whether he has the best chance beating the Cons we really are going to have to wait and see. I just hope that progressives can somehow avoid splitting the vote, because that would be a real disaster. But if Justin and the Liberals turn out to be our best chance of beating the Cons then I would definitely consider supporting them. Because our country can't afford four more years of Stephen Harper...