Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Day Winter Finally Arrived
















I can't believe I'm writing this in Canada eh? But something has been missing from my life this winter: cold temperatures and SNOW.

I got some snow in Montreal a while back, but in Toronto it's been the greenest greyest winter ever.

Until now.














And I just LOVE it because it makes everything look so beautiful.

And so does the furry one...














Because our first walk together when he was 3-month-old puppy was into a raging Montreal snow storm. And he's loved winter ever since.

Of course these days we don't zoom down snow mountains like we used to.

And this duo dog does...



Because Toronto is as flat as Holland. He's 105-years old in human years. And I don't have a toboggan.

But he does enjoy ragging the puck ball on an icy surface. Just like I do.
















And it appears our time has come.

The canal has finally frozen.

And our awesome rink is almost ready...













(Click pic to enlarge)

You know, I think there are at least two things the rest of the world will NEVER understand about The Great White North.

Most of us hate Stephen Harper even more than they do.

And in Canada. In Winter.

The colder the BETTER...

No comments: