Saturday, August 19, 2017
The Levant Tapes: Now You Can Be the Judge
It's been two days since a young British videographer, Caolan Robertson, revealed he had secretly recorded a meeting with his former boss Ezra Levant.
And made some shocking allegations about the way Levant runs the ratty Rebel, and what he does with all the money he collects.
Only to have Levant reply by claiming he had been blackmailed.
I told you what my initial impressions of both videos were here.
But now you can make up your own minds.
By listening to a full version of the secretly recorded meeting between Levant, Robertson's producer George Llewelyn-John, and the former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson, here.
The meeting between Levant, Llewelyn-John and Robinson is the one that Robertson played excerpts from during his YouTube video. Global News has obtained the full recording, made earlier this month, and is releasing it below. The voices on the recording, which is unverified but appears genuine, align with other voice, video and audio recordings of Levant and Robinson.
After listening to the tape, which is hard to follow because it was made in a very noisy place, I still can't figure out what exactly is going on.
But I do have five questions:
(1) Why would the young videographers hand over the tape and their e-mail exchanges if they were blackmailing Levant and had something to hide?
Llewelyn-John provided e-mails to Global News showing requests made to The Rebel and Teneycke for severance pay, which he said never materialized. “Obviously don’t want to be a bother, just a little disappointed as this was promised to come in with our regular pay yesterday,” he wrote to Teneycke on August 1. Teneycke responded the same day: “Roger that George. I will get it sorted tonight.”
(2) What on earth is Kory Teneycke, Stephen Harper's former flak and a former big boss at Sun TV News, doing working for Ezra Levant?
How low has he fallen, and is he THAT desperate?
(3) Why did Llewelyn George sound so reasonable while Levant sounded like the ugly bully he has always been?
(4) When will that freakish blowhard stop acting like a lowlife thug?
(5) And lastly but not leastly, since something smells really fishy, or really Levant, when is the Canada Revenue Agency going to audit the ratty Rebel?
Sadly, I can't answer any of those questions, but I do have some good news.
Many of the Rebel's followers seem to be voting with their feet...
And letting Levant know what they think of him.
So while I can't predict who will collapse first, Levant or the Rebel.
I am sticking to this prediction...
The Rebel is a dirty bigoted thing.
It's an affront to every decent Canadian.
And it can't die soon enough...