Friday, August 03, 2012

The Gays and the Church of the Bigot Chicken


I don't really know what to say about this Made in Amerika story eh? Because it's got EVERYTHING.

Bigots, gay marriage, Jesus, and a steaming heap of deep fried chicken.

Hundreds of thousands of people across the country headed to Chick-fil-A restaurants on Wednesday, answering a call from Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas, to show support for the fast-food chain after the company’s president drew criticism for his opposition to same-sex marriage.

Long lines were seen outside Chick-fil-A restaurants nationwide, and many customers documented their visits on social media sites and shared their reasons for eating at the chain.

And what a sight it has been, the rednecks, the grey haired grannies, the hungry homophobes, the horny happy nuns...















Because as we all know, some in the Catholic Church LOVE chicken. 

And Chick-Fil-A apparently likes to impersonate teenage girls. So it's a match made in heaven.

But now I see that gay people and their friends are preparing a counter protest of their own.

And although I understand why they're doing it. Because this isn't about supporting "traditional marriage." It's about hating gay people to death.

Chick-fil-A's anti-LGBT stance goes well beyond simply opposing marriage equality. They have given millions of dollars to anti-LGBT organizations, including those that have been designated "hate groups" by the Southern Poverty Law Center, and those that push so-called "ex-gay" therapy, which has been denounced by the mainstream medical and mental health community.

I can't help wonder if they are using the right tactics. Because for starters I wouldn't dare order anything from an establishment that calls chicken CHIKIN. I'm not sure it would be safe eh?

But I definitively would encourage the bigots to celebrate Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day EVERY day of the year !!!!!

Because six months six weeks of consuming this greasy monstrosity...
















Should send most of them to hospital suffering from clogged arteries. Or terminal diarrhea. Or cause feathers to sprout from both extremities.

Praise the Lord. It's a miracle !!!! Only in Amerika.

Which reminds me that all this madness comes from the same place. And if a yankee religious fanatic ever asks me the way to a Chick-Fil-A, I'll be sure to have my answer ready eh?

Do you mean the Church of the Bigot Chicken Mr Hee Haw?

Or the one with the SNAKES?



Vote here to recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truthfully I had never heard of this restaurant chain until this current bru-ha-ha. There really aren't enough expletives to fully express how I feel about these morons.

Simon said...

hi Way Way Up...neither had I, but it's sure famous now. Of course it's all so absurd, but if you're a gay person watching all those people line-up to send a message to you, it is an ugly and depressing sight.I'm afraid America is in the grip of those hideous religious fanatics,and I fear where it may lead them...

P.S. I should also confess,because I want to be completely honest, if somebody offered me one of those big, greasy, artery clogging, deep fried chicken monstrosities, I wouldn't turn it down. Jesus Christ, Chick-A-baloney, can we please keep bigotry out of the kitchen... ;)

Anonymous said...

Here is another take on all of this -

http://musingmaryann.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/gays-vs-the-church-whose-to-blame/