Monday, July 14, 2008

The World's Oldest Blogger Signs Off












I was sorry to hear today that 108-year-old Olive Riley....the world's oldest blogger.... had taken her final hiatus.

I never had a chance to read her blog, but I did stumble upon some of her YouTubes once and I thought they were cute.So I know I would have liked to read what she had to say.

I'm afraid the way I'm going I probably won't get to live half as long as Olive. But I think what she was trying to say is it doesn't matter how long you live, it's how you live it that counts.

And any person who can sit up in bed and sing a happy song as death closes in, is the kind of person I hope I can be when my time comes.

You know one of the things I love about the internet is that it allows people of different generations to communicate. So older people can pass on the wisdom of a life lived to the young ....who think they know EVERYTHING....and remind them that life isn't a sprint. It's a marathon.

And the young can tell the older ones about all their problems, and how they're sure that NOBODY has ever had it so bad. And the older ones can cheer them up...and have a chuckle ... say yes I know....believe me I do. But guess WHAT?

In this fragmented world if we didn't have the net how would we do that? So I'm happy to have blogging friends of all ages. I love them all. I just listen to the older ones a little more closely.

For example, Sébastien is always telling me that life is what you make of it. That we should just do our thing....ignore most of the bad shit ... and enjoy every day. And I believe him. But because he's just a few years older than I am that kind of stuff has a tendency to go in one ear and out the other.

Because after all, unlike my young and dum friends, I DO know EVERYTHING !!!

Duh. Wot ?

But now I heard it from the 108-year-old blogger I don't just believe it .... I'm CONVINCED.

Way to go Olive !!!

Sing one more happy song for me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's wonderful...she's awesome! and oh yes, that terrible yet wonderful stage of life.....youth.