Thursday, October 06, 2011

Occupy Wall Street and the Broken Social Contract












As the Occupy Wall Street protests continues to grow. And unions join the struggle.

Some old wankers still struggle to explain what it means.

The organizers of Occupy Wall Street are fighting to upend the system. But what gives their movement the potential for power and potency is the masses who just want the system to work the way they were promised it would work. It’s not that 99 percent of Americans are really struggling. It’s not that 99 percent of Americans want a revolution. It’s that 99 percent of Americans sense that the fundamental bargain of our economy -- work hard, play by the rules, get ahead -- has been broken, and they want to see it restored.

But not me eh? I don't want to perform mouth to mouth resuscitation on a rotting corpse. I want to BURY it.   

And I know that when a Con whore like Ann Coulter is scratching her smelly balls and calling it "mob rule."

The capitalist pigs are trembling in their boots trotters, and we are heading in the right direction.

However, if somebody STILL needs to understand why it's happening, and where the river of history is leading us, all they need to do is remember this.

The pigs broke the social contract.

And they are going to pay for it...




And that's why I'm with him.

It's time to check ourselves, to see if we still have that small part that believes in the values that America promises. Do we still have a shred of our decency intact in the face of debasement? If you do, then now is the time to give that forgotten part a voice. That is what this movement is ultimately about: giving voice to decency and fairness.

And him...
















Each of us is of great value to the whole. Do not forget your greatness. Even when the world around you is telling you you are nothing. You have a voice. You want a better life for your children and the people you love. You live in a democracy. You belong, and you deserve a world that is fair and equal. You have a right to take your place and be heard.

And all the others.

Glory, Glory Hallelujah !!!! It's springtime in America !!!!

It's coming soon to Canada.

And we will shake the world...

4 comments:

zoombats said...

Good post Simon, but did you have to ruin my day by letting me link to "Fox Nation" and seeing that Ann Coulter thinks she has any relevance?
Chris Hedges had something better say on "Truth Dig".
"You are either a rebel or a slave".

Oemissions said...

Annie "get your gun" Coultier forgets to add another difference between Occupy Wall Streeters:number of guns worn

Simon said...

hi zoombats...I'm sorry. You're right... quoting Coulter was a horrible thing to do. I mean how low can you go eh? But it's occasionally useful to remind people who we are up against. Chris Hedges inspires me, but the Con whore motivates me in the WORST possible way. ;)
And yes I LOVE it...

"You are either a rebel or a slave".

I've been a rebel since I was about twelve years old, so I feel my time has come... :)

Simon said...

hi Oemissions... yes absolutely...and I would add, the number of politicians in their pockets. For me it's more than about reforming or replacing the capitalist system it's about building a new world with better human values. After the wave of idealism that swept through Canada after Jack Layton's death, this is a BONUS and a natural progression...