Friday, May 30, 2008

Can God Help Me Quit Smoking?




















Well Spring is finally here...and it's time for my annual ritual. Time to try to give up smoking before I end up like this guy.

I'm just not sure how I'm going to do it.

My mum says chewing gum turns a gentleman into a gangster. And the last thing I need is to have Julie Couillard come after me.

And I'm afraid of the patch. No...not the biker patches....the nicotine kind.

Last year Sébastien slapped one on my bum while I was sleeping. And when I woke up...and had my usual triple expresso and a cigarette...for a moment I thought I could fly. And then I practically DIED.

I suppose that leaves willpower. *sigh*

But not really. As my cousin Simple Simon said to the pieman: Alas I have not ANY.

So I don't know what I'm going to do. But you can be sure of one thing....

I WON'T be quitting this way...



Yikes. That WAS pretty shocking.

And how about that FREE Miracle Spring Water ? That can get you a job.

Oh boy. Religion as the opium of the ignorant.

Anyone got a LIGHT ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I take back what I said about the FREE Miracle Spring water and getting a job.

I hate to admit it. But in Stephen Harper's Con Canada that could come in handy.

No comments: