Friday, September 23, 2011

Jamey Rodemeyer, the Bullies, and Lady Gaga














The other night I wrote about the tragic story of Jamey Rodemeyer, the 14-year-old boy from Buffalo, New York, who was bullied to death for being gay.

So I'm glad to see that the bullies may be held accountable.

Police are looking to bring criminal charges against three or more teens following the suicide of a 14-year-old who had been bullied for being gay.

At least three teens are said to be of particular interest to police and may be charged with hate crimes, harassment or cyber-harassment following the tragic death.

Because bullying is a hate crime. And I don't believe bullies can ever be punished enough.

It's such a sad story. So tragic in so many ways. And one of the things that moves me the most was how Jamey thanked Lady Gaga before he killed himself, for giving him the strength to endure, until he couldn't anymore.

On Saturday night he posted a lyric from Lady Gaga's song The Queen on his Facebook page which said: 'Don't forget me when I come crying to heaven's door.'

On 1.30am on Sunday morning, he left two final messages on one of his blogs saying he was looking forward to seeing his great grandmother, who recently died, and one as a tribute to Lady Gaga, thanking her.


And how Lady Gaga responded today.















I know a lot of older people don't like Lady Gaga. And I'm a bit too old to be one of her little monsters eh?

But no straight artist has ever worked so hard for the LGBT cause.

I think she's FABULOUS.

Bullying is a hate crime.

And this one's for Jamey...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish i would send my condoleances to this boy's parents.Even living in Italy I've read above this crime and this tragedy.Sometimes parents donot understand how umbeareable is getting bullyed .I DO hope justice will be done so this wanderful boy may rest in peace.LUIGI43ROME

Simon said...

hi Luigi...I'm very glad to hear that people in Italy have heard of this horrible tragedy, because bullying is a worldwide problem.
The best thing you and I or anyone can do to honour that poor kid's memory is to use what happened to him to show how cruel bullying is, and why it must be stopped...