Thursday, August 18, 2011

Freddie Mercury and the Youngest Fan

I see that Freddie Mercury and Queen are to be honoured this year's BMI awards.

Almost twenty years after Freddie's death.

And I can only wonder why it took so long.

Was it inertia, was it ignorance, or was it bigotry?

Not that it really matters. Twenty years is a long time ago. And as I said they can't hurt him now.

And the good news?

Freddie seems to have a new generation of fans.

Like this Brazilian baby...

Ready Freddie?

Ready baby?

And the legend lives on...


  1. It might have just been they weren't very good. Have you actually tried listening to the first two albums all the way through?

  2. hi bigcitylib...I'm afraid I have to admit that all I know about Queen is what I learned on YouTube.
    I also have to admit that the main reason I linked to that other story was because I find the story of the Elton John lookalike principal hilarious. And it didn't seem right to run a story about Freddie without hearing from him.
    Still, I honestly thought they were huge, so thanks for the information...

  3. Anonymous10:30 PM

    Well my opinion is that Freddie Mercury is a legend. I love The Beatles, but after I realized that "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "We Will Rock You" were their songs, I LOVED them. I agree with you Simon. They were huge.

  4. Anonymous7:52 PM

    my names rita. im 16yrs old and i have autism.
    freddie mercury is my very favorite.
    my favorite song bohemian rhapsody (or as i say bohemian rhaspody or bohemia rhasody haha)
    i do a real good freddie mercury impression its really all i can do.
    i know every word to bohemian rhapsody and a whole bunch other queen songs.
    im queen #1 fan ever!