Thursday, August 18, 2011

Freddie Mercury and the Youngest Fan

















I see that Freddie Mercury and Queen are to be honoured this year's BMI awards.

Almost twenty years after Freddie's death.

And I can only wonder why it took so long.

Was it inertia, was it ignorance, or was it bigotry?

Not that it really matters. Twenty years is a long time ago. And as I said they can't hurt him now.

And the good news?

Freddie seems to have a new generation of fans.

Like this Brazilian baby...



Ready Freddie?

Ready baby?

And the legend lives on...

4 comments:

bigcitylib said...

It might have just been they weren't very good. Have you actually tried listening to the first two albums all the way through?

Simon said...

hi bigcitylib...I'm afraid I have to admit that all I know about Queen is what I learned on YouTube.
I also have to admit that the main reason I linked to that other story was because I find the story of the Elton John lookalike principal hilarious. And it didn't seem right to run a story about Freddie without hearing from him.
Still, I honestly thought they were huge, so thanks for the information...

Anonymous said...

Well my opinion is that Freddie Mercury is a legend. I love The Beatles, but after I realized that "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "We Will Rock You" were their songs, I LOVED them. I agree with you Simon. They were huge.

Anonymous said...

my names rita. im 16yrs old and i have autism.
freddie mercury is my very favorite.
i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE queen.
my favorite song bohemian rhapsody (or as i say bohemian rhaspody or bohemia rhasody haha)
i do a real good freddie mercury impression its really all i can do.
i know every word to bohemian rhapsody and a whole bunch other queen songs.
im queen #1 fan ever!