Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Liberal Express and the Annoying Orange
















(click pic to enlarge)

Oh dear. I was biking around the island today, when I came upon the Liberal Express stuck under a bridge, going nowhere.

While Iggy's engineers, instead of trying to fix it, were firing off a flare attack ad in the general direction of the NDP...



Hmmm...I don't know...I hope the Cons paid for that ad eh? Because something tells me that dinky little traffic light isn't going to stop the NDP Express.

Close to 2,000 supporters cheered on Jack Layton as he waved his cane in the air at a Saturday rally in downtown Montreal – the biggest turnout for New Democratic Party rally in Quebec history.

Not when it can attract so many people of all ages and colours to a rally in Gilles Duceppe's riding. And some have been waiting so long to board it.

Evelyn Henry, 66, and Alice Tanguay, 72, two friends from the Laval–Les Îles riding, deemed the rally a success.

“I’m impressed,” said Tanguay.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment for more than 40 years,” Henry said.


Also, Iggy's engineers should remember that when Duceppe threw everything but a kitchen sink and a poutine at Layton, it only made Jack more popular.

Or if you want to put it in slightly cruder terms.

They should remember what happened to the poor Liberal apple.

When it met the Annoying Orange...



Apple pie anyone?

OK. I'm sorry about that. But the Liberals do deserve a little poke, or a reality check of their own, for that cheap ad. And besides I have a good excuse eh?

I was working all day on my uncle's boat...














It was 18 degrees, the work was brutal, the paint fumes were overwhelming, the air at the top of the mast was thin. So I'm probably suffering from a combination of slavery AND sunstroke.

But now that I've had four beers, and a huge...um...cigarette, I'm feeling a lot better, and all I want to say is this:  

Something VERY exciting is happening. Iggy's engineers should focus on fixing their train, instead of trying to derail the NDP Express. And we've all got to work together and vote really, really SMART.

Because the Con Express is still roaring down the track.

And we've got to stop it...













Recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers

4 comments:

susansmith said...

oh that apple/orange skit was brutal - thanks for a good laugh.

Joseph Kerr said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

That Annoying Orange video gives me a great idea

Hee hee hee hee

Simon said...

hi jan...yes it is isn't it? And I'm very bad for using it. But did you know 59-MILLION people have viewed that video? *Sigh* What am I doing wrong? ;)

Simon said...

hi Joseph...uh oh that laugh sounds wicked. But if you want to be REALLY bad, may I recommend the even more shocking story of the annoying orange and the pumpkin... ;)