Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Liberal Ad and the Con Squealers



As I told you the other day I just love this Liberal ad, because I believe that the future of medicare will be the defining issue of this campaign.

And now that I see how the Cons are reacting to it, I LOVE it even more.

“The Liberal ad uses some of the dirtiest tricks in the book — including twisting words out of context and deliberately altering dates to make old words appear recent,” Tory campaign manager Jenni Byrne wrote to party supporters in reaction to the new attack ad.

Can you believe that Con squealer? The nasty Wiberals are twisting our words WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

When the ad is perfectly truthful, the Cons have been bombarding the airwaves with their foul pig shit for YEARS. They introduced attacks ads and the Big Lie to Canada.

And those porkers wouldn't be squealing if that ad wasn't hurting them so much.

They know that Stephen Harper is vulnerable, because he spent so many years trying to privatize and destroy medicare. And Canadians know he lies about EVERYTHING.

But if you want to explain to Canadians why Harper hates our beautifully human medical system so much, all you have to do is ask them to read what an American doctor said when she was asked this question.

The U.S. system spends twice as much as other industrialized nations on health care, yet it still leaves more than 50 million without health coverage. Why has reform been so difficult?

We’re always racking our brains and always bemoaning the fact that it shouldn’t be so hard. Part of it is cultural. With Canadians, it’s a community – we’re all in this to help each other. In the U.S., it’s the frontier – I’m going to take care of myself and you can’t tell me what to do.


That's why. Because medicare is a symbol of those precious Canadian values Stephen Harper hates more than ANYTHING. And he is an AmeriCon beast who would turn our country into a jungle.

So my advice to the Liberals is run that ad as much as possible eh? So we can spread the message:

Would YOU trust an AmeriCon with OUR medicare system?

Only if you're rich.

Only if you're dumb.

Only if you're CRAZY...

















Recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers

2 comments:

evilscientist said...

All I can say to the Con supporters is people in glass houses.....

Simon said...

hi evilscientist...yes that does sum it up nicely. In fact when I first saw the quote I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
No opposition party has ever produced an attack ad as misleading or downright disgusting as the Cons have.
And no party in Canadian history deserves to be attacked as much as they do.
So I say fire away... :)