Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blogging in a Nightmare World












I had a hard time getting up enough energy to blog tonight. Every story I wanted to write about is so depressing. Starting with this one.

As if the poor Japanese people hadn't suffered enough, now they must face their worst nightmare.

As must the rebels in Libya. Because now that the eyes of the world are focused on Japan, who will stop the degenerate tyrant from slaughtering them?

Then there's Obama, the human rights champion Pentagon stooge declaring that the treatment of Bradley Manning was "appropriate."

Obama responded that if Manning's treatment is good enough for the Pentagon, it is good enough for him. "I've actually asked the Pentagon whether or not the procedures that have been taken in terms of his confinement are appropriate and are meeting our basic standards," Obama said, suggesting some of those procedures were to protect Manning's safety. "They have assured me that they are."

Even though everybody knows it's TORTURE.














"I became upset. Out of frustration, I clenched my hair with my fingers and yelled: 'Why are you doing this to me? Why am I being punished? I have done nothing wrong.'"

And then of course, there's that other cloud hanging over my head. The possibility that we could be fighting an election in less than ten days.

Stephen Harper might finally win his precious majority. And use it to torture and slaughter the Canada we know and love.

Oh boy. Talk about blogging in a nightmare world. If you don't blog you can try to ignore what's going on out there. If you do you can't. 

I think I need a break. I may have to give up blogging, and just make videos. Or go back to writing poems about trees, even though the woods are full of policemen.

Or maybe I'll just do what the guy in this new R.E.M. video does.

And hope I'll feel better tomorrow ...



If I'm not ARRESTED.

And that's it eh? That's all I wanted to say.

Live life to the fullest. Fight for freedom as hard as you can.

Because they are both so FRAGILE...

Recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers.

4 comments:

Kev said...

OK, Simon, now you;re scaring me!

Wendy Lundquist said...

It would be a huge loss if you stopped blogging, as so many wonderful bloggers have done lately.
Your 'pain' and frustation with the world today, the loss of our country as we know it (thanks to Harper, but also Cretien, Martin and Mulroney before him) and the doom and gloom of each passing day, are understandable.
Your blog is amazing. Each and every day you nail it on the head.
Thank you for what you have done, and the chances you have taken by voicing your (honest, truthful) opinions in Harper's Canada.
Hopefully you will just take a (much-needed) break and return to blogging. Although, if Harper does get his majority, I too will have given up on my efforts to educate and wake up friends and family so they see what is going on in this country. Sadly, as you know all too well, the majority of our population just doesn't give a rat's ass. Have never been able to adopt the attitude that ignorance is bliss.
Wishing you well, and thank you for making my day, time and time again.
Wendy (a transplanted Torontonian now living in Vancouver)

Simon said...

hi Kev...I didn't mean to scare anyone, I was just thinking aloud. As Seb always says that's NOT a good thing in my case. ;)
I always dream about living on some almost deserted South Seas island, but I'd probably go crazy not knowing what is going on. And I'm not leaving before Harper does... :)

Simon said...

hi Wendy...As I told Kev, I have no intention of giving up blogging. Not after I danced to work, and wasn't arrested. ;)
But you're right about how frustrating it is to get Canadians to sit up and notice what's going on, and the danger of this hideous Con government.
We're victims of our own success I suppose, too comfortable to get upset about anything that doesn't affect us. The other day Allan Gregg said this on a CBC panel: What if we held an election on democracy, and nobody turned out.
It's a frightening thought, and I can only hope that when the election starts more people start to pay attention.
As for me, I'm going to take a little time off to consult with my...um...dog. He thinks it's already Spring and since he's getting on, I'm going to indulge him. :)
But don't worry, when the election starts I'll be ready...