Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bev Oda, Big Brother, and the Writing on the Wall

















I'd like to write about the story of Bev Oda and the Mystery Not. And how because Stephen Harper wasn't in the House, Oda was allowed to be seen again.

 Allowed to sit there quietly, looking like she was in the Con Witness Protection Program.

And was even allowed to answer a question...about Haiti.

Ms. Oda answered – the first time she’s up on her feet in the House in days since coming under fire over allegations she misled her colleagues. She shut up, however, when Ms. Ratansi followed up with Kairos question.

Government House Leader John Baird answered for her.

Because once again it shows the absolute contempt the Cons have for women.

Even one like this one...













The one who whacked all those women's groups to please Great Misogynist Leader. And get a shiny limo.

The one Stephen Harper is afraid to fire. Because she probably knows too much. And if she squeals he might be ARRESTED.

I'd like to write about that, because I love mob stories eh?

But all I can think about is how we can use this sordid scandal to defeat them in the next election.

Because it's coming fast.

And the writing is on the wall.

















Negative ads work and will generally produce a swing of five or six percentage points. The Conservative "ad buy", party sources have told me, was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, ad buy the party has made outside of an election period.

And, just as negative ads attacking the Liberals worked against the Liberals and helped the Conservatives, I think it reasonable to assume that a series of negative ads attacking the Conservatives would have a similar effect.

The attack ads are working. I know they are. This morning one of my friends came up to me and said: "Did you know that the Liberals are planning to tax our i-pods?"

If we don't strike back soon, we won't stand a chance. If the progressive parties can't make them we must. 


We must use the Oda scandal to ask Canadians how they can trust these Cons when they lie about EVERYTHING?

We must explain to Canadians the real reason the Cons are cutting corporate taxes, and wasting billions of dollars on fancy jets and prisons. So they can bankrupt the government, slash social services, bludgeon the CBC, privatize everything, turn pensions into funny money, and slowly strangle medicare.

Because if they don't understand how it affects them, they won't care.

And of course, we must ask them the question that will in the end determine the future of Canada as we know and love it.

Are they really prepared to trust Big Brother with a MAJORITY?
















When he could take us all to a very dark place, that looks more like Amerika than Canada. And he's a MANIAC. 

Yup. If you can't make a YouTube video, make a poster, write it on a wall, sing a song. Just get the message out.

Because the election is coming. Only people power can save us now.

May 2, 2011 could be the day we lose our country.

And the writing is on the mailbox...


















Recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Simon, I'm afraid that there's nothing much to be done any more.

It might be best to consider a move to a Scandinavian country.

There's not much hope left for this benighted joint.

Were I younger I would.

Simon said...

hi Dana...I understand how you feel. I sometimes feel that way too. My head tells me it's over, but my heart tells me NEVER.
What is clear to me is that our leaders have failed us, and that only the grassroots can save us. So I'm still hoping that a really good campaign can turn things around. But then I've been looking for that pony under all that manure for YEARS, and I still can't find him. ;)

P.S. Scandinavia is too chilly for me, I'm applying for refugee status in Cuba. Otra cerveza por favor...

Nadine Lumley said...

Remember my fellow Harper haters; this is a marathon and not a race. Pace yourselves.

“I would rather die standing than live on my knees."
~ Emiliano Zapata.

.
.
.
.

“I am a Canadian,

a free Canadian,
free to speak without fear,
free to worship in my own way,
free to stand for what I think right,
free to oppose what I believe wrong,
free to choose those who shall govern my country.
This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

~ Prime Minister John Diefenbaker
July 1, 1960, House of Commons


.

.
.
.