Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sébastien and the Twelve Gays of Christmas











I have to admit the last few weeks have been pretty bleak. And I haven't been able to get into the Christmas spirit.

The death of the blogger Bruce McDonald deeply affected me. It made me very sad. It brought back memories of my own struggle with depression.

At a time when the political darkness has never seemed so dark. The Harper Cons never so foul.

And to make matters worse my companion Sébastien has been away working with an emergency medical team in Haiti. Where poverty, disease, and despair are making people crazy.

The south-western region of Grand Anse has been swept by rumours that voodoo followers were deliberately spreading the infection using a mysterious powder.

According to police, machete-wielding mobs began tracking down those suspected of employing "black magic," before killing them and burning their corpses in the street.

It's been awful. I've tried to blog about funny things to lift my spirits. But I haven't been able to motivate myself enough to put up the Christmas tree.

I can't tell you how much I depend on that strong, noble guy to lift me out of the muck of this sick world, and help me see the faint light of a better tomorrow. Or how much I have worried, or how much I have missed him.

And I'm not the only one. The old dog who loves Sébastien almost as much as I do, waits by the door every night for him to come home.

Or just mopes a lot and refuses to play with his robot.











And of course the robot is sad too eh? Because he can't play chase the bunny.

The good news? Sébastien is coming home tomorrow.

The tree will be going up in the morning.

The little reindeer will be wearing his antlers.


















And I'll be counting down the days to Christmas.

Like these fabulous brothers...



Oh boy. Love hurts. Love makes you CRAZY.

I don't know what I did to deserve it eh?

But isn't it wonderful?

14 comments:

Niles said...

*squeeeeeeze* you many times in a completely positive and platonic thank you for your writings.

continue being fiercely fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I love gay people !! Merry Christmas to you and Sebastien and the little reindeer.

Omar said...

Simon, have you seen this? A multiple beefcake sammich for that old creep! Love it.

Anonymous said...

You're the best, Simon.

Pamela said...

Warm and fuzzy wishes for a wonderful holiday season and marvellous new year to you and yours Simon.
Cheers, Pam

Beijing York said...

I'm so glad your beloved Sébastien is returning home tomorrow. And what a noble dude he is - no wonder he gives you hope in these dark days.

Thanks for all the times you make me smile, Simon.

Simon said...

hi Niles...thanks a lot....Duck...hee comes a *huuuuuug* for you. No wait...RUN...it's not platonic !!! Happy holidays sweet brother... :)

Simon said...

hi anonymous...thank you...I love gay people too. Wot? Seriously though I do, they insult us, they hurt us, they kill us, but we still keep on dancing. Merry Christmas to you too... :)

Simon said...

hi Omar...thanks for that. Yes I saw it and was going to write something VERY rude. But then I thought beefcake in the Vatican? It's about time those closet queens had a party and it's Christmas after all... :)

Simon said...

hi anonymous... thank you for this:

You're the best, Simon.

I like to think so too. But unfortunately Sebastien is back so now I have to be more modest. Or ELSE... :)

Simon said...

hi Pamela...thank you so much. Happy holidays to you and your loved ones, and may 2011 be you happiest year EVER... :)

Simon said...

hi Beijing...you're welcome for the smiles, and thank you for all your support and encouragement over the years. It's such a huge relief to have Sébastien safely back. I don't mind sharing him with the poor people of Haiti. But after all the recent sadness, I need some TLC too...and some French cooking... ;)

Diane Watt said...

I love, love, love your blog Simon.
You are inspiring. Hang in there!
Have a great Christmas.

Simon said...

hi Diane...thanks a lot. I'm glad you enjoy my little blog. And I really appreciate the encouragement. On the other hand, if you and the others keep saying nice things about me, I'm going to have to get a bigger tuque. Because the one I have on won't fit on my swollen head eh? :)
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, and thanks again...