Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Pat Robertson and the Duck Girls














Oh boy. It seems like so long ago that we scratched the porker Christianist Jerry Falwell off the Most Wanted Homophobe List.

When he hit the floor for the last time like a ton of bricks....or shit. And we partied all night.

So how much LONGER will I have to wait until I can scratch Patsy off the list? Tell me Monkey God. Because I'm growing impatient.

And he's growing horribly senile.

"I am not at all persuaded that so-called homosexuals are homosexuals because of biological problems. There may be a very few, but there are so many that have been made homosexuals because of a coach or a guidance counselor or some other male figure who has abused them and they think there's something wrong with their sexuality.

So you need to get deep into why he is what he is, instead of just saying, 'Well, he's a homosexual so how do I handle him, and how do I be Christian?' Well, I think you ought to tell him, 'Listen, son, you know, here's what the Bible says about this, and it's called an abomination before God, so I've got to tell you the truth because I love you'...I mean, if somebody's on their way to hell, they'll -- I mean, you've got to love them to rescue them."

Which is not only ridiculous but truly EVIL.

But then what do you expect? A few weeks ago this miserable Christianist hatemonger was drooling about how gay marriage was like having sex with DUCKS.

Quack. Quack.

Until the Duck Girls put him in his place...



In case you missed it here's the original ducky video...



You know I could say a lot of bad things about Pat Robertson. Like DUCK YOU bigot. But I'll leave that up to history.

And all I'll say is how lucky I am to have a loving dad who didn't call his gay son an abomination.

And with cool straight people like those two young women on our side.

How can we LOSE ?

5 comments:

Марко Фризия said...

I thought Pat Robertson was dead. And now I am so sad to learn otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Falwell's been gone more than two years now and there was hardly a ripple when he passed away. True he got several mentions in national newscasts and the like but nothing significant.

When Robertson goes, it'll be the same thing. And Regent University, CBN and the rest of the lot will continue to limp along just like Falwell's organisation.

These guys wouldn't have their empires were it not for those people with more money than brains.
They continue to preach to a narrower and narrower audience and wonder where the money's going to come from.

The same can be said for 100 Huntley Street. It's a victim of a Ponzi scheme and most of the main persons are off the air.
----------------

These three organisations have one thing in common: dynastic succession. These Gordon Robertson, Jerry and Jonathan Falwell, Ron and Reynold Mainse.
These three organisations are where they are because of the failures of dynastic succession.
A reading Christian would know that the best succession is Apostolic.

Марко Фризия said...

Another christianist, perhaps even more rigid and fanatical than Falwell and Roberston, was Dr. D. James Kennedy. He was an über Calvinist (technically, a Dominionist, a fanatic christianist-nationalist who embraced "christian reconstructionism") and he promoted the idea that society should be governed exclusively by his fundamentalist interpretation of his particular deity's laws (punishing gay people with prison and death, etc.). This very dangerous man died a few years ago. He was on television for several decades and had quite a following, and was active in right-wing American politics. I think it is important to recall these folks, thoroughly examine what they believed, and understand what form of oppression and slavery they were trying to impose on free people. If we're educated, we can know what we're dealing with when more of these hateful people appear like cockroaches in a filthy kitchen. I certainly don't take any joy in the death of another human being no matter how evil they were. Admittedly, I do feel a sense of relief sometimes. All joking set aside, I am not inhumane or vicious and I don't want to become like they are in their malice and total disregard for the humanity of other people who disagree with them. I do value my personal freedom and the pleasures of living with freedom of expression and freedom of religious choice. I see these individuals as enemies of civil liberties, opponents of science, and promoters of intolerance. That said, I would never advocate violence or any illegal conduct against any of them. No matter how twisted and vile their beliefs, they are still human beings. I certainly don't respect them and I think they should be opposed vigorously by all peaceful and lawful means available to us. In the USA, in some states (like Tennessee my birthplace) you can walk up to a person and make a death threat or threat of violence and not be arrested unless you act on that threat (this freedom does not extend to threatening certain elected officials). Across he state line in Georgia, you will be arrested for making "a terorist threat" and/or "use of fighting words." I realize in Canada, the UK, and other countries a person can be punished for promoting or inciting hatred. I agree with those laws. So there are varying levels of legal tolerance for violent speech within the USA (an inconsistency which strikes some Americans and some non-Americans as simply crazy) and differences between the USA and other countries. In general, there is much more legal freedom for people like Falwell, Robertson, and Kennedy to promote hatred in the USA. A person can promote Holocaust denial in the USA without fear of prosecution and that is illegal in most of Europe.

Simon said...

Hi Mapko...I've never heard of James Kennedy....but if he was worse than Falwell and Falwell he must have been a horrible person.
I normally don't bother with these evangelical bigots, but what really disgusted me was when he suggested what a parent should say to a gay son.
Because hurting your own child in the name of some bloodthirsty deity is simply intolerable.
But like you I don't advocate violence against anyone except in self defence.
Luckily I have a very calm boyfriend who reminds me that because we are better than these hateful bigots...I have to act like it. Because sometimes I forget... :)

Simon said...

Hi Torontonian...yes you are right it is good to remember that the Christian Right has fallen a long way in a short time.
And they are getting desperate. I saw an evangelist on TV the other night who was selling little strips of cloth he had wipped his brow with, and was inviting people to put their hands on the TV set.
And of course GIVE GIVE GIVE.
I laughed so hard I almost fell out of bed.... :)