Thursday, May 15, 2008

George Bush: The Oliver Stone Movie
















I'm not a big fan of Oliver Stone's historical dramas .... ever since his movie JFK made it look like Kennedy was shot by a bunch of gay rightwingers... hidden in the grassy knoll.

But I'm sure not going to miss his new movie about Chimp Bush.

Now that I've seen parts of the top secret script. And I know it's a comedy.

My favourite scenes:

Page 10 on Bill Clinton: "My mother waddles faster than that larda - -." Page 11: "We'll move these terr'ists to Guantanemera." Cheney: "Guantanamo." Bush: "Right." Then Bush to Cheney: "Vice, when we're in meetings I want you to keep a lid on it. Keep your ego in check. Remember, I'm the president..

Page 42. Checking a map, being told it passed "Humint," whereupon the President of the United States asks, "What's 'Humint' again?" and being told "It's Human Intelligence." A scene in which, auditing an Iraqi intercept, W. asks, "Wolfowitz, got any Maalox on you? . . . and while you're at it, trim your ear hairs." And Cheney checking his heart pills.

And my favourite quotes? Dubya telling General Tommy Franks to be careful:

"I don't want to fire no $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the a - -."

Or speaking to a group of educators:

"Rarely is the question asked, 'Is our children learning?' "

Which reminds me....I hope this kid got to play young Bush...



Of course as a Canadian it's easy to laugh at all this. And believe me I will.

Call it therapy for having to watch this horror show for eight long years.

But as for my poor American friends they're left with one horrible question.

How did a guy as dumb as Dubya ever become a two-term President?

I don't envy them. The nightmare isn't over.

And the question is a hard one....

No comments: