Thursday, April 24, 2008

Religion Takes a Beating in Britain




















I'm delighted to see that a lot of people in Britain now think religion is a social evil.

A poll by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation uncovered a widespread belief that faith - not just in its extreme form - was intolerant, irrational and used to justify persecution.

Many participants said religion divided society, fuelled intolerance and spawned “irrational” educational and other policies.

And I really LOVED this quote:

“Faith in supernatural phenomena inspires hatred and prejudice throughout the world, and is commonly used as justification for persecution of women, gays and people who do not have faith.”

Isn't it sweet to see all that hate coming back to BITE them?

Gay people have suffered enormously because of the hatemongering voodoo garbage of organized religion.

They attack our lives....deny our humanity....scorn our love. They still call for us to be put to death and our blood smeared upon our faces.

You'd think these so-called Christians would know that out of suffering comes strength. And that love always beats hate. But no.

So we're still here....getting stronger by the day.

While they're destroying themselves. Biting off their ratty tails. Feasting on each other.

And we get to claim the CREDIT.

Woohoo!!! I don't know if this is just another case of poetic justice.

Or another reward for being gay.

But it sure is a HEAVENLY sight ....

---------------------------------------


P.S. Just to show that I'm not bitter or biased I'd like to draw the attention of the faithful to my blog boutique .....and its extensive collection of religious t-shirts.

Along with the Frisk Me I'm Muslim t-shirt....

I just LUV this one...















Call me a snob. But THAT's inspiring.

And yet so tragically gay.

Praise the Lard.

And pass the Ketchup....

2 comments:

Lindsay Stewart said...

the comments at the t-shirt site are, um, special. hars off to you simon.

Simon said...

Hi PSA !! Lardy...I hadn't read the comments but they sure are special. I knew religion was bad for you. But I had no idea it could eat your brain....:)