Saturday, January 20, 2007

Isaiah Washington and the Black Homophobes

















I'm glad to see that Isaiah Washington has finally apologized for calling his Grey's Anatomy co-star T.R. Knight a faggot. And then denying he said that. By using the word faggot again.

And what a wussy little form letter apology it was...

"I apologize to T.R., my colleagues, the fans of the show and especially the lesbian and gay community for using a word that is unacceptable in any context or circumstance....

I can neither defend nor explain my behavior. I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I've asked for help....."

Yo brother.... all I can say is it's about fucking time. I mean how stoopid do you have to be not to understand that it may be OK for me to call a gay brother a faggot. To take the sting out of the word. Just like it might be OK for one of your black brothers to call you a nigger. But when others use those words against you or me then it's not OK.

The problem is that Washington's "issues" are our fucking problems. Because there's way too many black homophobes like him.

I think I can safely say that I don't have a racist bone in my body. I've stood up for black rights and against intolerance all my life. I find all races beautiful. Their struggles for equality are my struggles. So I expect oppressed groups to help each other. Not put each other down.

So it really pisses me off to see stuff like roots reggae and it's message of resistance and justice, replaced with the filthy homophobia of people like Beenie Man, Sizzla or the filthy bigot Buju Banton. Who thinks gay men or "batty boys." should be shot in the head.

(Boom boom boom) Boom bye bye
Inna batty boy head
Rude bwoy no promote the nasty man
Dem haffi dead
Boom bye bye"

Or burned alive...


"Dis is not a deal
Guy come near we
Then his skin must peel
Burn him up bad like an old tire wheel"

I hate that kind of murderous shit. Just as I hate to listen to black rap and hip hop lyrics that put down women and call them whores.

Or see Bob Marley's beautiful island of Jamaica turned into a vicious gay hell.

And see so many Africans come under the influence of religious hate and bigot bishops.

"The bill outlaws almost every expression, affirmation and celebration of gay identity and sexuality, and prohibits the provision of sympathetic advice and welfare support to lesbians and gay men.

The new legislation is backed by the Anglican Church in Nigeria and by its notoriously homophobic Archbishop, Peter Akinola. "

I'm willing to cut young black men a lot of slack.












I can relate to their anger and their alienation.


I also know that racism doesn't make you noble. It sometimes coarsens you. Like homophobia sometimes coarsens us. Attacks our masculinity and sense of self worth. And causes all kinds of hangups and self destructive behaviour. But enough is enough.
We're not attacking them. They're attacking us.

From now on.....I don't care what colour homophobes come in. Whether they're white or whether they're black. Or any other colour. I'm taking them on whoever they are.

And the sad truth is a lot of black men out there need to get their fucking shit together. Stop acting like sexist and homophobic pig thugs. As if that made them big men. Instead of just pathetic niggah losers.

What makes it even more frustrating is that it's not as if black men don't have some truly awesome role models. Like Nelson Mandela ....my greatest living hero.

Or the wonderfully human Bishop Desmond Tutu.


"For one to penalise someone for their sexual orientation is the same as penalising someone for something they can do nothing about, like ethnicity or race. I cannot imagine persecuting a minority group which is already being persecuted."

And if these black bitch bigots still don't get it..... maybe they'll understand what QBoy, a gay British brother has to say about real masculinity....and hip hop homophobia.




Oh yeah....look I don't know about rap music....but I sure like the message.


Just be who you be.....respect others as you would like to be respected. And remember that as long as one group is still oppressed, nobody will be free.

But as for that niggah loser Isaiah Washington....well.....

He can just bite me....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    I commend T.R. Knight for standing up for his rights on the "Ellen" show. I commend Katherine Heigl for speaking out against Washington for his misconduct and for insisting that W's denial was a lie. I commend ABC for calling W on his s*&!. The only way homophobia dies is that enlightened people stop tolerating it. I hope Washington gets the help he needs.

    ReplyDelete