Sunday, July 16, 2006

Time to Say Goodbye and Au Revoir







So I'm lying there on the beach and it feels like I'm in the Caribbean. The sun is hot. I'm surrounded by all kinds of sexy naked people. The woods are cool and inviting. I should be whooping it up. Instead I'm reflecting on my mortality. And wondering is this the worst ever time to leave Canada or what?

But yes this will be my last post for a while. I'm shipping out in a hurry. It's a nasty cruel world out there and we've all got to try to help in whatever humble way we can. I'm looking forward to some new adventures. But I'm sure going to miss my little blogging one.

I started it because I had a lot of time to kill recovering from a serious injury. And because I realized that Harper's neocons were going to win the next election, and try to take away my rights. I couldn't do anything else to oppose them, so I started to blog. Boy did I have fun. lt was more work than I thought it would be. But I made a lot of blogging friends. And it did make time go really fast.

My lowest point? When I tried to delete a post and ended up deleting my blog. I only wish somebody had taken a picture of the look on my face when I realized what had happened. I could have blown it up and framed it. And put it on the shelf next to my Stupidity Idol.

My highest point? Um.....er.......that's still to come. I hope. But I'm not optimistic. You see checking out the blogosphere has been a somewhat humbling experience. I swaggered in thinking hey if they can do it so can I. I exit thinking Oh.My.God. There must be a gazillion blogs out there that are better than mine.
(sob)

Like this one. Talk about bringing it down so simply to the things that move me the most: defiance and love.

"And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God."

The mystery of the Kingdom of God? Why didn't I think of that line. Just think how many more straight boys I could have fucked. Damm!

But seriously though... as I told Beep, if my sunday school teacher had read me that gay Jesus passage when I was a young boy I might have become a Christian. Even if I changed my mind later. What I didn't tell the Beeper was that maybe the sunday school teacher did mention that passage. But I was too busy flirting with the older boy in the class, and planning our after-church coupling, to pay any attention.

But you know what I mean. If religion was more about love than hate it would be a better world. And that's really all I have to say about that. Now somebody please instruct these fanatics.

"In the name of Jesus we take back our sexual purity. Thank you Jesus. Amen"

Ugh.

As for how I feel about the upcoming debate about SSM, I could go on and on about that. And you know I have. But humming a song ain't bad.

"Keep your Jesus off my penis

Keep your bible off my balls

Keep your prayers out of my ears

And your crosses off my walls...."

I'll be humming that one for a while wherever I am. I might even add a few lyrics of my own as we prepare for the SSM battle ahead.

"Keep the faith brothers,sisters, you and me

Keep our beautiful rainbow colours flying proudly

Fight them. Fight them. Speak out loudly

Until we're finally free."

Ok Ok. So I'm not a good songwriter either. But you get the idea. We've come so far. Fought so many battles. Now we're so close. Victory is just across the river. One more push and we'll be there.

I'll hope I'll be back in time to join you for that final equality battle. And of course the victory party. But if I'm not give the religious fanatic wingnut bigots hell from me. As long as this country is secular, free and for all Canadians it will still be the best country in the world. And still worth fighting for.

Have a great summer everyone! Live it loudly. Love your lovers. Au Revoir.

Now how did that song go?

Oh yes. One.Two.Three. Keep your Jesus off my penis. Keep your bible off my balls...

2 comments:

  1. Simon, all the best in your latest life chapter. I certainly enjoy your writing and we share a lot of the same disgust for the fact that religion has become a political tool and has created many "tools", who mistakenly think they have a right to trample on the civil rights of others. We know differently don't we. I sure hope you come back at some point and I wish you all the best. Ciao for now brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good summer Simon. I'll the bigots feet to fire until you get back. All the best, Zac.

    ReplyDelete